• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Grading in more than one Organization?

What is your opinion on grading in more than one style or organization in the same or similar styles? For example grading in a style that combines two styles and also grading in one of those two styles separately as well or grading in Shotokan through JKA and a small group that lacks national/ international status. I am nearing a promotion in the smaller organization to shodan, but I know my friends in JKA will frown upon it.

The past is no more; the future is yet to come. Nothing exist except for the here and now. Our grand business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what's clearly is clearly at hand...Lets continue to train!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'd go with ninjanurse here. I guess it depends on if you want that national rank recognition, or if you need it for some competition or something. Either way, I'd say its your decision to make, not your friends. If they don't like it, see if you can discuss it with them to get their feelings as to why, and see if you can get them to understand why you are seeking to do it this way. In the end, perhaps you'll just agree to disagree.

Testing for shodan in January and again later in the year. Its been a long road, but its here. I've been in blackbelt divisions in tournaments and held my own so I know I'm ready. In my eyes its just a formality.

The past is no more; the future is yet to come. Nothing exist except for the here and now. Our grand business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what's clearly is clearly at hand...Lets continue to train!