• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What are our jobs as martial artist?

whess

A martial artist has no obligations upon them; therefore you are not obligated to tell anyone anything. Your personal journey is yours and only yours. They are about self discovery and self betterment and not conversion.

For the practitioner, that's true.

However, for the instructor, his/her obligations are to teach effective applied knowledge about said style of the MA in which they are teaching. Outside of what your post intents, that's quite true; it's a personal journey, even for the instructor. Instructors are obligated to teach!!

Imho.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A martial artist has no obligations upon them; therefore you are not obligated to tell anyone anything. Your personal journey is yours and only yours. They are about self discovery and self betterment and not conversion.

However, for the instructor, his/her obligations are to teach effective applied knowledge about said style of the MA in which they are teaching. Outside of what your post intents, that's quite true; it's a personal journey, even for the instructor. Instructors are obligated to teach!!

Imho.

I agree, Bob. An instructor has to realize that his or her journey also becomes entwined with other journeys, and although it shouldn't be an instructor's job to "convert," they do need to guide, which is very important.

An instructor doesn't have the privlege to be selfish in his or her journey.

Imho.

I agree, Bob. An instructor has to realize that his or her journey also becomes entwined with other journeys, and although it shouldn't be an instructor's job to "convert," they do need to guide, which is very important.

An instructor doesn't have the privlege to be selfish in his or her journey.

Very Solid post!!

You didn't see me do it...but to the bold type above...I bowed to that wisdom!!

**Proof is on the floor!!!