I could use some advice...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I re-checked what's nearby, and there's a dojo for Kempo, and that looks right up my alley.

I realize this varies from school to school, but Kempo tends to be high on the violence scale. Lots of head stomping and such.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

Kenpo/Kempo is an excellent art but there does seem to be a lot of "Master Ken" Instructors (Ameri Te Do i - see Youtube) about in this style. Many have trained in other arts too to create a Kenpo hybrid. You got to look far and wide for a real decent kenpo school!

I would have suggested Kick-boxing or Muay Thai as there's no forms to learn etc so you can still put much into you core style

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

Kenpo/Kempo is an excellent art but there does seem to be a lot of "Master Ken" Instructors (Ameri Te Do i - see Youtube) about in this style. Many have trained in other arts too to create a Kenpo hybrid. You got to look far and wide for a real decent kenpo school!

I would have suggested Kick-boxing or Muay Thai as there's no forms to learn etc so you can still put much into you core style

I come from a long line of Kempo hybrids. It blends well into clinch and grappling.

Concerning Master Ken, my killface is comical, but I have been guilty of re-stomping the groin.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

Kenpo/Kempo is an excellent art but there does seem to be a lot of "Master Ken" Instructors (Ameri Te Do i - see Youtube) about in this style.

Best of all. Worst of none.

I'm afraid if you're looking for non-violence you are in the wrong place. While we talk of peace and tranquility and gentleness, the simple fact is we all are practicing fighting arts. They are designed with only one purpose. That is to tear apart the human body in a manner that is efficient, effective, and sometimes cruel. Humans, by nature, are violent beings. There has never been a time of total peace in all of human existence. It is through embracing and learning to control that violence that YOU can attain inner peace. There is no martial art that can hand it to you on a platter. Like anything worth having, it takes a great deal of strife, work, and time.

Good luck.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."