• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Albums

three60roundhouse

[color=indigo]Ok, I am a music fan(atic) (and a crappy musician), and though there have been many threads on what artists/types of music we like, never one on the ALBUMS we like! Listening to a good album to me is a practically religious experience! I have decided there are three types of music fans: those who like songs, who get along with the radio just fine because they like an artists singles, those who like artists, they pick their faves and anything that artist puts out will be good to their ears! (My brother is a Beatles freak, and if Paul McCartney farted into a microphone my brother would think it glorious music! :lol:) But the type of fan I am is an album fan. I think putting out a song or two is great. But having an album where you don't have to skip any tracks is better. An album that sounds good as one, like a Floyd album, is great, but one with a lot of different types of songs, like a Zeppelin album, is great too! I am obviously a music freak! Everyone, what are your favorite albums!?

My top few, in no particular order, are:

Pink Floyd - The Wall (makes me mad that dark Side of the Moon is so famous, this album can't really stand on its own as a series of songs, but listening to it altogether as a whole is awesome!)

Incubus - S.C.I.E.N.C.E. (SO overlooked now that the band has "hit it big"! Great metal with a jazz/funk influence!)

Beatles - Abbey Road (the one and only Beatles album i can stand as a whole. George Harrison shines!)

Nirvana - In Utero (edgier than the immortal Nevermind, Cobain at his finest songwriting IMHO)

The Who - Who's Next - (Every song is a rock masterpiece. Great production, and Daltrey was totally awesome on this album. A bit overplayed, a bit overdone, still great!)

Rage Againt the Machine - The Battle of Los Angeles (the band has nothing more to prove, Tom Morello experiments with his guitar and makes some cool scratching sounds! Love the use of the bass wah!)

Pearl Jam - Ten (Living in a shadow of Kurt Cobain, Eddie Vedder is still rocking, but will probably never top the Gen X anthems on this album!)

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV (Had to pick it if not for the first 4 songs alone)

The Hives - Veni Vidi Vicious (The only thing on MTV lately that is bearable. Great power chord pop, their vocalist is very different sounding)

I have many, many more but I doubt anyone wants to know. Everyone thinks I should be a rock journalist....but I'm WAY too harsh on stuff I hate :lol:! What albums would you bring to a desert island!?[/color]

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Everclear - So much for the afterglow a truely amazing album.

Rufio -Perhaps, i supose

the minor threat discography.

Rage Againt the Machine - The Battle of Los Angeles

there my favourite albums.

Edited by ZeRo

*tumbleweed.* :P j/k

One album that I absolutely love is Jimi Hendrix's "The Ultimate Experience", I don't think I need to say why. Also, Joe Satriani's "Flying in a blue dream" is a greatly enjoyable album. I am considering getting Veni Vidi Vicious by The Hives since I have heard some of their material and I enjoy that, as well as Tenacious D's self-titled album.

I have some other albums, and I enjoy some of Deftones, Incubus, and Jimmy Eat World's albums, but the two I mentioned above are definitely the ones that stand out the most. :)

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

Hmmmmm...

Californication by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Anything by Tracy Chapman (not the album anything, but anything :D)

Jagged Little Pill by Alanis Morrissette (sp?)

"You Are Never Given A Dream Without Also Being Given The Power To Make It True. You May Have To Work For It, However"

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner

West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy

2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)

three60roundhouse

<<>

Hey I know someone who did that. I was hanging with my best friends band (who I used to run lighting for) at practice and the guitar player was a bit drunk, and he grabbed the mic and well ..... let one rip. It was LOUD too (coming through the PA board). Everyone in the house about fell over laughing :lol:

Anyways, back to albums. I've been into Linkin Park lately. I very rarely listen to an album without skipping a track I don't like, but Linkin Park I can listen to all the way through. "Runaway" is my favorite song, though. I also like old school Metallica (from the Black album back). I was the biggest Metallica fan there was in the 80's/early 90's. All their early albums rock (that's the only band I still "headbang" to while listening to the whole CD).

The older albums like Zepplin, Fleetwood Mac, Hendrix, ect. I can listen to all the way through. Good Stuff.

I have a lot more favs, but those are the albums I have/listen to all the way through.

Laurie F

I had to laugh when I saw the thread topic because usually when refering to a band's music it's their "CD" and not their "album" ... when I say "album" to people they say it reveals my age! :roll:

Being an ex-radio dj I have an extensive "vinyl" album collection. Many of them are "classics" .... some are real collectibles not only for the music but the album covers.

I can understand your appreciation for music 360 ... I have the same (which spans all types of music genre).

You did have a few of my favs listed! :)

Dream Theater is my new found music love as of late. I've been mixing a cd for my husband who is also going to see Satriani/Dream Theater in concert next month.

husband who is also going to see Satriani/Dream Theater in concert next month.

[color=indigo]

There's an effective way to spark extreme jealousy :kaioken: :lol:

If you like Dream Theater, check out a band called "Iced Earth" - they aren't as big as Dream Theater, and their albums are a little too thematic for me, but the music is similar to Dream Theater and the guitar work is great![/color]

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

Metallica-S&M

Nirvana-unplugged

Creed-My own Prison

The Who-Tommy

AC/DC-Back in Black

Guns&Roses-Appetite

Alice in Chains- unplugged

Led Zepplin- IV

Pink Floyd-Darkside & The Wall

Staind-Break the cycle

Linkin Park-Hybrid Theory (My current Favorite :D )

I listen to all types of music. :up: I tend to make my own CDs since there are very few albums I would sit through without skippingover :brow: :brow: :brow:

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.