• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yellow Belt test tonight, but I'm sick! :(

What do I do? I'm at work, people telling me to get home. Coughing, and overall "blah" but no fever. I did have the chills a couple nights ago. I'm not much of a baby, (I said much.... :D ) and don't mind fighting through sickness if needed, but I certainly don't want to make matters worse.

From the training I've done so far, when someone in class tests, the whole class gets worked over big time. TOUGH class. I know I'll be physically beat up at the end of class.

Do I do it? I've been looking forward to this and am proud to have earned my way thus far. But, I feel like garbage!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

If you don't feel up to it, don't do it. You won't be at your best and its not a fair assessment on your abilities. Can always take the test another time. I'd just call ahead and explain it to your teacher and see what they say. Get well soon :)

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Your health is the most important thing you have. Without it, you have nothing. Skip the test.

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

• 2 weeks later...

Usually, instructors will test you at a later time if for some reason you can't test when they do. If you're sick, you need to take care of YOU. Hope you were able to work it out :)

Celeste

"The more you sweat in training, the less you will bleed in battle." - Motto of the Navy Seals