• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Random black belt question

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I found this on Google under worlds youngest black belts.

http://youngblackbelts.tripod.com/

Alexander Maskeny, is only 7 and just received his black belt, in fact he received 3 black belts from “The World Tae Kwon Do Federation”, “Tae Kwon Do Ji Do Kwan, Korea” and “U.S. Tae Kwon Do Grand Master Society”.

Here's another link on a couple of guys in their 20's that did it

http://www.umamn.com/usa-bin/show-staff.cgi

'

Rediculous if you ask me.

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

Not sure. In BJJ the youngest would be 33 yrs.

In Shotokan (at least where I practiced) the minimum age for 5th is 35

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

An Adult Black belt to anyone below the age of 16 is stupid and proves "belt factory warning"

If a belt is all you want send me £400 and I'll send you one with a certificate and you won't have to do an ounce of training!!!

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

If a belt is all you want send me £400 and I'll send you one with a certificate and you won't have to do an ounce of training!!!

I'm having a sale thru thru end of the year for $200 US currency. :D

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

I'll top that. For $150 I'll bestow the Honorable Title of Supreme Infallible Grandmaster of Awesomeness and Speaker of the Sun and Stars.

Seriously though, one of the Gracies said that a belt covers 2 inches of your butt and the rest of it is up to you. If there were a universal standard of knowledge and skill, then the world's youngest 5th dan would be a thing of wonder. As it is, the youngest in the world is a travesty to the system of rank.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

Those kids probably have PhD, or maybe MD degrees, as well. Ha ha, whatever. I have been training my (head) off for the past 6 years, after having already attained black belt in the same system. When I (re)earn my black belt, if all goes well, in March, I know it will mean something. It is true that the meaning of a black belt can only be defined within a system, but I am proud that within our organization, everyone knows what kind of rigorous training is behind the black belt. The sad thing is, kids who get it too easily do not get to experience the satisfaction of a major hard-earned accomplishment. It's their loss, and they don't even know it.

Does anyone know what's the youngest age a student ever attained a 5fth degree black belt, in any art?

Just to add.

It would take a absolute minimum, if the minimum time between gradings was observed 17 years to go from white belt to 5th Dan. so if they started at 1 year old the youngest would be 18.

anything less than that is a shambles

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)