• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ARRRRGGHH!!!

That was my reaction to the way episode 10 of the walking dead played out.

I will start with what i liked: The continuation of the Rick/Shane storyline, The Rick/Shane fight, Rick finally sticking up to Shane, multiple zombie head stabbings, the Rick/Randall drive by shooting.

What i disliked: The entire beth suicide story line, it just really seemed to grind the episode to a halt. I also want Andrea to get off my T.V. screen every time she shows up.

Its not that i thought the episode was bad, it just could have been about 30 minutes instead of an hour, and it really didn't get the group any closer to getting off the farm.

ARRRRGGHH!!!

That was my reaction to the way episode 10 of the walking dead played out.

I will start with what i liked: The continuation of the Rick/Shane storyline, The Rick/Shane fight, Rick finally sticking up to Shane, multiple zombie head stabbings, the Rick/Randall drive by shooting.

What i disliked: The entire beth suicide story line, it just really seemed to grind the episode to a halt. I also want Andrea to get off my T.V. screen every time she shows up.

Its not that i thought the episode was bad, it just could have been about 30 minutes instead of an hour, and it really didn't get the group any closer to getting off the farm.

I agree just about 100%. The farm proved to be far more fertile for story telling than it was in the comic. I'm good with that, different medium and all. But it's been done. I think I was good for it's use this episode as well, but I want to see them move now. I assume that the fashion of that leaving will be more dramatic than the comic version, but I could see it go either way.

I had really expected the second half of the season to be the prison. Maybe that's season 3. Which I could see fitting nicely into their established pattern. Season 1- Atlanta, Season 2- the farm, Season 3- prison and the governer story line.

Which leads me to my next question. How close are they going to stick to the storyline. The prostetics of losing a hand would be tough week after week on an actor, plus it is much harder to make this work in actuality than in comics.

Just lost one of the more likable characters. But i think his influence will carry on.

Carl is having some learning experiences. I think he's been changed by the events in this episode.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

Just lost one of the more likable characters. But i think his influence will carry on.

Carl is having some learning experiences. I think he's been changed by the events in this episode.

Yep, it seem to me that Carl is learning that his actions in the ZA can possibly have dire consequences. The fact that when Dale was attacked Carl realized that he should have told the group that he stumbled upon a walker, instead he was too worried about getting in trouble. I hope the Carls loss of innocence plays out like in the comics, but i find that this episode was really more about Carl than anyone else. I too hate to lose Dale, but i agree that his influence on the group will be remembered.

It will be interesting to see what role Randall will play in the group, i could see him being used similair to the Private Martinez character in the comics.

AND ANOTHER THING!!!!: How are zombies strong enough to rip open a human abdomen????? Dale could have used himself a little Jits and he would have been fine. It pays to train!!!

Dale wasn't in the best shape, so I can see how he couldn't move a 140 lb zombie that was laying on top of him. He was too concerned with the Z's mouth and left its hands unattended. Decayed bony fingers could probably rip into an abdomen... there are no bones to go through.

For the most part I really liked the episode, with the exception (as mentioned above) of the beth side story. I guess the point of that was to drive lori and andrea apart further? Maybe Andrea will be leaving the group soon? There are rumors about Shane so who knows.

I haven't read all the comics but it doesn't seem like they're sticking to the story line very strictly and if they deviate more it will probably soon.

Brandon

Yes, but that same zombie was to weak to hold on to a 12 yo boy(carl) earlier in the day!!!. I know i am nerd raging over this, but this idea that a zombie somehow can just tear a person limb from limb has always bugged me.