• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Walking Dead Spoiler thread.

Groinstrike

Mid-Season Finale Tonight!!!!

Entitled "Pretty Much Dead Already"

The direct tv infromation page reads

"More secrets are revealed, Hershel refused to accept a new world view, Andrea steps out of her shell, every thing is food for something"

Sound like they are going to step on the accelerater for the final episode for a few months.

My guess is that this episode will end on some type of big cliffhanger.

Any ideas on some possiblities from anyone out there????

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly have no idea where they're going to go with this. It's going to be hard to settle this without either group looking like bad guys. What I do know is that we can hardly wait a week for a new episode and now they expect me to wait several months. How am I even going to make that happen.

Alright, so the first 50 mins had me ready to call it the worst eposide of the season. My wife actually commented how absoloutly nothing had happened.

The the last 10 min hit and I was ready to declare it the best eposide of the season and my wife was in tears.

Our little band has to be up for a civil war after Shane's actions tonight. Febuary should be interesting.

Enjoyed the first 3/4 of this episode, last 10 minutes where insane. I had to tell the gf that there is no crying allowed in Zombie movies/tv shows.

I guess that would make me more of a Shane guy, very emotional stuff.

I was disappointed in Dale, who is usually very reasonable, hiding the guns. Nobody has the right to take away a group's ability to defend themselves. I don't like Shane, but he was the only voice of reason in this episode.

I actually guessed the ending when Shane was yelling at Rick.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

I hear what you're saying MP. I'd be torqued if someone up and decided to take my guns as well. Especially in the zombie apocalypse. However, Dale was just acting to keep the group from getting kicked from the farm, which is almost a given now that Shane decided to go Rouge.

The interesting thing they've done this season is set up the diametrically opposed world views of Shane and Rick. This has reached a point where I'm not sure they can coexist anymore. They've also shown us two dramatically different views of survival in the dichotomy between the group and the farm. Realistically, a compromise would likely serve both the best. However, ideology just won't let them come together. Rick showed again last light however that he's the most open to compromise and hence the most likely to lead his little band successfully.

Shane leads us to a post-apocolyptic Mad Max survival. Rick might actually lead your party back to a semblance of normality. Really love what they've done ideologically with the show. I still wish we had more of the near misses and high tension of season one.

Am I the only one bothered by the myopic view that it's Hershel's farm or wilderness or a city? Rural areas have farms everywhere. Surely they could find another farmhouse within a a day.

One would think.

At least they touched on the fact in this episode that everything was either overrun or burned out. I'm not sure why on either if the Hershal farm is just fine.

I think Hershal, or one of his group touched on the fact there were other farms out there. His just seemed to be an older one with more land and preparation than a lot of folks have these days. That generator looks like it's lived on the farm longer than Hershal. I'm still trying to get a fix on rural Georgia farm folks who aren't at least passingly familiar with firearms.

I knew the visit to the sub-division was going to lead to a walker encounter. Seems like any sort of concentration of people lead to zombie's gathering. Apparently the undead are social critters.

My wife pointed out, zombie loving freak that she is, that Shane isn't the one that makes the hard calls. When it came time to stop the little girl, it wasn't Shane or Daryl who stepped forward to put her down. No, they couldn't act, it was Rick who did what had to be done. Not saying he's super bad, but he's got the emotional strength and was willing to bare the burden, knowing the weight, when the group needed him to.

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine

Pacifists who farm do not need to hunt, they have a farm.

Shane could have shot the girl, but was smart enough to let one of the allegedly softer people do it to make the point that it had to be done, not only because it made sense, but because it was right and proper.