• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Whats your "Zombie Plan"

Groinstrike

First off let me say that i do not believe in zombies, i use the word Zombie in the place of natural disaster, terrorist attack, apocolypse or whatever other cataclysmic situation you may find yourself in. Nor to i condone the activities presented that may be considered illegal, but hey its the Zombie Apocolypse!

First off I live in a very rural area, the town i live in has about 3000 people and i am mere minutes away from the sticks.

So my first move at that sign of trouble would be to secure firepower and ammunition, get in my 4x4 raid whatever useful consumables i can and head for the hills.

My Father lives in a house that is atleast 2 miles from the nearest neighboor and is located in heavily wooded terrain. His house is also loaded down with ammo and high powered rifles, handguns, shotguns, Ar-15's, a few garands, and even the recommended M1 carbine(See Brooks: Zombie Survival Guide). Without getting to detailed from their, to quoted Shaun of the Dead "We have a nice cold pint, and wait for all this to blow over" :lol:

Edited by Groinstrike

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will probably be stuck at work when the legions of the undead roll. However, my family will be leaving northern Illinois and the Escape from New York zone that it will become and head to the downstate homestead with the food surplus in the basement and all my spare guns and ammo. This should augment what is already at the homestead. That and the generator down there should keep things going for a while. If things are really bad, I will help them loot the local Farm and Fleet on the way out of town.

My plan; however, it to get them shipped out at the first sign of impeding looting. I will then go mobile with my remaining ammo, guns and food most of the time. I'll probably hang west and north while not on duty, this will allow me to work the more rural areas for food and water sources.

If society totally breaks down, line is broke and such, I'll load up what's left in the armory up here and pick my way south, hopefully with some cops and their stashes in tow to add to the survivability of my growing compound in the south. Maybe a paramedic or two as well. Plenty of land down there to sustain a small community or growing, hunting, and fishing.

Ammo conservation will be a priority. So training of all compound members will be dry fire drills mainly. Only the occasional live fire session to give the feel. Less than ideal, but we've got to be careful with ammo consumption. Melee and archery training is less regulated of course, and quieter as to not announce ourselves to the world at large. We'll do that a lot.

I also plan on getting rid of the primary road heading back to the homestead. Just something to deter would be invaders out for our stuff. 4x4 and ATVs will become the method of transport. Ideally, I'd wrangle a horse or two but that's on a wish list. I'll have to make due rationing gas for a while.

GS, if it's a short term zombie roll out (say natural disaster) setting it out is gonna work for us fine. However, if we look at The Stand kind of bad we should look at consolidating. Yes, it's more people in one spot, but there is safety in numbers. Especially with the numbers of guns we can bring to bear together. And that means more concentrated labor in one spot so gathering and hunting will be much eased for the group as a whole. Getting these done with less effort per individual mean more time spent training.

I will probably be stuck at work when the legions of the undead roll. However, my family will be leaving northern Illinois and the Escape from New York zone that it will become and head to the downstate homestead with the food surplus in the basement and all my spare guns and ammo. This should augment what is already at the homestead. That and the generator down there should keep things going for a while. If things are really bad, I will help them loot the local Farm and Fleet on the way out of town.

My plan; however, it to get them shipped out at the first sign of impeding looting. I will then go mobile with my remaining ammo, guns and food most of the time. I'll probably hang west and north while not on duty, this will allow me to work the more rural areas for food and water sources.

If society totally breaks down, line is broke and such, I'll load up what's left in the armory up here and pick my way south, hopefully with some cops and their stashes in tow to add to the survivability of my growing compound in the south. Maybe a paramedic or two as well. Plenty of land down there to sustain a small community or growing, hunting, and fishing.

Ammo conservation will be a priority. So training of all compound members will be dry fire drills mainly. Only the occasional live fire session to give the feel. Less than ideal, but we've got to be careful with ammo consumption. Melee and archery training is less regulated of course, and quieter as to not announce ourselves to the world at large. We'll do that a lot.

I also plan on getting rid of the primary road heading back to the homestead. Just something to deter would be invaders out for our stuff. 4x4 and ATVs will become the method of transport. Ideally, I'd wrangle a horse or two but that's on a wish list. I'll have to make due rationing gas for a while.

GS, if it's a short term zombie roll out (say natural disaster) setting it out is gonna work for us fine. However, if we look at The Stand kind of bad we should look at consolidating. Yes, it's more people in one spot, but there is safety in numbers. Especially with the numbers of guns we can bring to bear together. And that means more concentrated labor in one spot so gathering and hunting will be much eased for the group as a whole. Getting these done with less effort per individual mean more time spent training.

i agree, the more more people we have, the more specialized we can become. Hopefully if we can get our entire clan together we should have experts in many different areas.

I have a small baseball bat, a water bottle with a filter built in and a flashlight that you can crank and that doesn't need batteries. I'm set!

Assuming that this is a Full-on Biblical-Style Zombie Apocalypse?

Step one is to assemble the "family." It's just the future wife and I, along with two cats. They'd probably be brought along, as animals are good in stressful situation, and cats are pretty handy for catching mice. Also, they're pretty darn cute.

Once the family is assembled, they get packed into the car along with everything that I find useful for our journey (more on that later)

Using as rural roads as possible, we'll make our way South to meet up with the rest of the hooligans in the group (Including Tall Geese, Master Pain, and Groin Punch) where our skills will be offered to the group in a post-apocalyptic communist paradise.

As for the items that I'd be packing, I have all of these things on hand and ready to go in fairly short order: Alcohol (For Trading/Bartering/Bribing), a small amount of pure silver and a couple hundred dollars in small bills for currency, an extensive first aid kit with everything from band-aids to stitch/staple kits, water purification, fire starting materials, flare gun & flares, hand-tools, small shovel, tent, sleeping bags, several weeks supply of canned food/non-perishable food, sanitation items, medicine, eye care items, batteries, rope, duct tape, machete, hatchet, pocket knives, backpacks, signal mirror, 12V CB radio, glowsticks, whistle, fishing line, hooks, weights, tire repair kit, fuel jugs, water jugs, a firearms and ammunition in the following sizes: .22, .223, 12 GA, 9MM, and computer hard drive containing a backup of my computer and personal documents.

It's not a perfect collection, and I'm always expanding it, but it is mostly enough to sustain me for a little while. Remember, most of these items can be rotated into what you normally use at home, and any other items can be used at their expiration point on a camping/survival trip.

"A gun is a tool. Like a butcher knife or a harpoon, or uhh... an alligator."

― Homer, The Simpsons

I'm going to take my food, animals,weapons and supplies over to my parents house. There is only a population of 250 here, and I don't think we'll have a lot of people passing through, so we should be able to hold out well. Dad's good with a rifle. If the zombies get inside, I'm pretty good with blunt weapons.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

Oddly enough this is a popular discussion with my friends and I. I've already decided on my gear, packing list, and clothing choices. From my local area I know who the gun nuts are and where to get more firepower. For fun one night we joked around and came up with our fortification plans for our homes, which I would still do.

I'm actually a fan of the crossbow with an automatic pistol as a sidearm, as the crossbow is quiet and has reusable ammunition. My close combat weapon would be a Cold Steel warhammer.

Oddly enough this is a popular discussion with my friends and I. I've already decided on my gear, packing list, and clothing choices. From my local area I know who the gun nuts are and where to get more firepower. For fun one night we joked around and came up with our fortification plans for our homes, which I would still do.

I'm actually a fan of the crossbow with an automatic pistol as a sidearm, as the crossbow is quiet and has reusable ammunition. My close combat weapon would be a Cold Steel warhammer.

Great choice of weapon with the warhammer, my choice of close combat weapon happens to be a cold steel kukri blade machete.

Great choice of weapon with the warhammer, my choice of close combat weapon happens to be a cold steel kukri blade machete.

Mine is a mace and shield.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma