• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ventura, Santa Barbara? (very much OT)

xo-karate

My daughter needs some information about BMX and unexpensive living near Ventura or Santa Barbara. She wants to come to practise BMX for few months.

Does any one live around that area?

Know something about BMX?

Please contact me

hannu.leinonen@jao.fi

Sorry for Off Topic question

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm not sure what you are asking. To me, BMX means bicycle motocross. Since you are asking a martial arts forum, I assume I am missing something. If you are asking about some form of MMA, I might have a suggestion or two. For example, there are a few branches of The Pit in the area.

Santa Barbara is a fairly expensive beach community. I don't know if there are any inexpensive parts.

I am more familiar with Ventura County but mostly the side furthest from Santa Barbara. There are some neighborhoods that are less expensive than others, but this is Southern California, so most inexpensive areas will not be cheap. It looks like rents for one bedroom apartments start at about $800 per month.

If you need more info, feel free to ask.

John - ASE Martial Arts Supply

https://www.asemartialarts.com

It's the General Chat section. No worries about off topic posts here, it's what the section is about. We have a zombie plan thread going on here somewhere (really, zombies :lol: ) so BMX advice for a local isn't a problem.

Now, as to someone being in the know about the subject and the location, we might have more of a problem. Myself, I am ignorant of both, despite my pathetic efforts at single track occasionally :) .

Good luck.

Hi JohnASE,

Yes, I did mean bicycle motocross racing. Idea is to live near many tracks and practice for 2 - 3 months. Location is not fixed, but just the idea of having many tracks near - and not too much money to spend:-)

Maybe a camping area with a lodge? Or something? We are very open to ideas:-) Maybe rent a caravan and drive to different tracks?

It's very difficult to get information. I've also asked a golf forum and a bicycle forum:-)

I don't know which bike forum you posted on, but https://www.bmx-forum.com is pretty active. I've never posted there. Had a problem registering.

I don't camp, but I've heard good things about camping at McGrath State Beach in Ventura. I don't know how much it costs.

I'm having dinner tonight with a buddy who lives in Ventura. If I remember, I'll ask him what he knows about camping in the area.

Your timing is funny. I'm not a BMXer, but I'm planning on buying a BMX bike tomorrow. I'm not going to race or stunt it though. The plan is to put an electric motor on it and using it for commuting.

John - ASE Martial Arts Supply

https://www.asemartialarts.com

Timing is due to Finlands winter. We are getting snow in few days - and BMX World Championship is in Birmingham next May. My daughter is planning to compete in challenge Class. I think her schedule is next to go to Spain for few weeks and in Janyary go to California for 2 - 3 months and after that back to Spain.

I my self have never touch a BMX bike - it might be good for training legs?

I'll check the bmx forum.

Thanks again for help.