• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How long does a student have to stay in each belt

In my school, the time period varies for each belt level...As you advance in rank, it takes longer to advance to the next belt...To advance from white belt to yellow belt, it takes 1 month...(If it took over 4 months, this would discourage students. Their excitement for the martial arts could prematurally die.)

anyway, how long does a student have to stay in each belt; in order, to advance?

Kinesiologist/Trainer

Black-Belt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the day when I started training in TKD .... you were given a uniform/dobok minus the "white" belt it came with. You had to earneven that belt! (I think it was 10 lessons)

On average a our Tae Kwon Do students will be promoted every 4 months up to Brown Belt. At Brown Belt level, promotion on average is 6 to 8 months.(3 degrees of brown for child - 2 degrees for adult)

The following minimum requirements apply.

1. Knowledge of required material up to current belt level.

2. Steady attendance.

3. Must have no more than 5 lessons remaining on lesson count at the beginning of the month of promotion.

6-8 months on the average, sometims they'll make exceptions for the class or student (s) who is well prepared and ready to move on to the next rank (belt)

"Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make" -Bruce Leehttp://www.myvidtodvd.com/mysmilies/otn/other/leseratte.gif

http://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/contrib/xerx/smileystooges.gif

It really all depends on your style and more so your teacher.

We do 3 months and 30 2hr classes. In other words you got to have 3 months time in class and you have to be signed in to 30 classes.

With that said we not I. We meaing people I have trained with under my sensei have jumped rank. Double promoted if you will. This happens most of the time when someone comes in from another art and has exp.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

[color=indigo]In tae kwon do, until brown belt we usually take 4-5 months. After that you wait until you are ready for black belt and have finished all your requirements to test for black belt (or junior black belt).

In BJJ, we are a white belt forever (:lol: that's the way it seems). Or until we show that we can "hang" with the blues on the mat and put up a good fight with them. And we know all the basic moves. In other words, a long time. It will be a year for me in March, but I'm having fun as a white belt! I'm thinking I might get a stripe soon, though (it takes 4 stripes to be ready to get promoted to blue belt).[/color]

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

The relative standard in Kuk Sool Won is 6-8 months to adance in belt for adults. However, there is a stripe promotion half way through that. The younger the student, the longer the time between belts. However, they get more stripe promotions to keep them seeing their improvment.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.