• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Recent Downtime and Loss of Content

Hi Patrick -- Just putting in my 2 cents worth of support for you and all your hard work. I hadn't even been on here in a while, due to work and training committments, then tried to log on an found out I'd been kicked off -- which I now know was a technical glitch. It was a great relief that it wasn't because of something I had inadvertantly said that was over the top unacceptable! (though couldn't really think of what it might have been). In any case it is true, I have been insanely busy with work and karate, and it is partly the support of this forum that has enabled me to continue with my training after 2 hip replacements earlier this year. I am doing great! Though not perfect-- facing some challenges related to that. Still on schedule to test for shodan-ho in March, though. When I came back to log on and there were glitches, I realized how much I have come to depend on, and perhaps take for granted, that these forums would be here. All of this is to say, to everyone, but especially Patrick, I do not take you for granted, and your being here has very much enhanced my training!

I plan to post more once things slow up just a little in my work and karate life. Ha ha ha. I do hope you're all stll around! Still Kicking

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thank you, Wolfman08, evergrey, Brian and still kicking. I appreciate the support and kind words. It means a lot to me. I'm so happy to hear that, still kicking!

Wolfman08, it was a serious mistake. There is no doubt about that. That said, we did have a long term (9 years) relationship with the company and they have, generally, done a great job. One of the things I struggled with, in this case, was how much one big mistake should negate the good will of 9 years.

In the end, I decided that I wanted to make a clean break. But, that doesn't mean I think they are not good at what they do or that I forget the support over the last 9 years. It was an unfortunate situation. So, though I did laugh at the visual of koalas mashing buttons, I don't want to insult them at all. Things happen, even if this was a pretty big thing. :)

Thanks again,

Patrick