• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Complete beginner looking for a direction

If you pursue tkd, just be prepared for a lot of kicks! Tkd is known almost universally for high spinning kicks, there is a lot more to the are, but that is really the bread and butter.

You may find that for heavy tradition you will need to look into Japanese or Chinese styles. However if you find the right tkd school then they may have traditional values, one thing with tkd is that in the modern day it is considered a sport in most circles, meaning there is an emphasis on tournaments and things like that, not saying there is anything wrong with it, in fact that could be a benefit to you as per your goals.

The sporting element makes it fun, and as far as bringing your kids, tkd is an excellent choice as it will offer lots to them, plus with the competition mindset it sets goals by preparing for and competing I am various tournaments which is great motivation. I think you would benefit greatly from this art because it will push you, and being that your job offers you no means of exercise then tkd is well rounded to get you a total body workout.

Now, please take my comments as my personal opinion and use your own judgement. My words of tkd are just general and each school will vary on what they teach and how they teach it, but either way I don't think you can really go wrong there.

Black belt AFAF # 178

Tang Soo Do

8th Kyu

Matsubayashi ryu shorin ryu karate

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt