• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Karate Schools in Atlanta,GA

TkoMJH

Hello,

I train in Aikido in Atlanta,Ga I love the art ,but I also want to train in Karate in the ATL. I really dont know any good schools in the area. I would like the forum help if they could put me in contact with some great teachers. Teachers do not have to have a professional school,it could be in there home at a park etc. I want all contacts. While Iam here in Atlanta I want to train. Iplan to reclocate to Hawaii to train as well. If you know any good schools in Hawaii that would be heplful for Karate.

Thanks

Budo

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Do a Google search of the Atlanta area for Karate. That will likely give you more than a handful of schools to check out.

As far as determining who is good, go check out the classes and see which fits what you'd like to do.

• 1 month later...

I'd highly recommend Yoshukai in Atlanta. They do knockdown kumite almost identical to Kyokushin but are an offshoot of Chito Ryu, not a Kyokushin offshoot.

I have been in contact with quite a few members from their dojo for 3-5 years now. They're a tight knit family that all love to train and do kumite! http://www.atlantawykko.com/

There is also Sensei Trammel's Shidokan in Atlanta. Trammel is a very experienced competitor in everything from point karate, judo, TKD, professional Muay Thai, and pro boxing...he now primarily coaches pro fighters in everything under the sun but the focus is Shidokan. Shidokan's big tournament is a "triathlon" meaning rounds of Kyokushin rules kumite, rounds of Muay Thai rules, and than MMA rules http://www.shidokanatlanta.com/

I'm very biased to either one of the two dojo listed in the Atlanta area but because I always say once you go knockdown karate, you never go back to non-knockdown karate LOL. To each is own, though.

Osu!