• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Cheap makiwara boards

GaryMo

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 3 weeks later...

Would not be even cheaper to build your own ? Isn't that how they were invented any way as a cheap way to condition your self. Never attempted to make one mind you !

• 3 weeks later...

I made one with thick twine ($2) and a left over broken pine board 12x6x1 (started out 12x12x1 til i broke it, haha) from a grading. I just took the twine and wrapped it around the board until there was about 1/4" of tightly wound twine covering about 8" of striking area. I then took 2 deck screws (free in the garage) and drove them into an exposed stud in my garage.

For $2 and 10 minutes of effort it works great to harden my hands, however, I still think that for true power feedback and muscle conditioning, a heavy bag is better.

It's not what you do that matters, rather, it's how you do it that defines you.

I made one with thick twine ($2) and a left over broken pine board 12x6x1 (started out 12x12x1 til i broke it, haha) from a grading. I just took the twine and wrapped it around the board until there was about 1/4" of tightly wound twine covering about 8" of striking area. I then took 2 deck screws (free in the garage) and drove them into an exposed stud in my garage.

For $2 and 10 minutes of effort it works great to harden my hands, however, I still think that for true power feedback and muscle conditioning, a heavy bag is better.

I'm now going to attempt to make one :D

• 3 months later...