• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How often should I train?

[color=indigo]In my world, it's train until you don't want to anymore! When training becomes a chore, there is no point. Training should be something you look forward to, something you want to do for yourself. You should not go because your parents say you should go, because your wife reminds you you need to go, or because your instructor calls your home asking where you are! Don't be a typical "tough guy" either. If you have a minor injury, maybe sitting a day or two is a good idea! Think....if you strain a muscle today, then train tomorrow you may hurt it more and end up giving up more mat time than you would have if you had taken care of the injury in the first place! [/color]

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

If you have a minor injury, maybe sitting a day or two is a good idea! Think....if you strain a muscle today, then train tomorrow you may hurt it more and end up giving up more mat time than you would have if you had taken care of the injury in the first place!

I find through my expirence that by training the next day after and injury occurs I actually feel better. By training your heart beat increases (or at least on would hope so :wink: ) This helps circulate oxygen to your injuried part of your body thus helping it heal quicker and relax the injury.(Perhaps KickChick can tell us if there is any truth behind my statement :) )

You should not go because your parents say you should go, because your wife reminds you you need to go, or because your instructor calls your home asking where you are!

Frankly I believe the people that train when they are not in the mood to train show great dedication and commitment. I know some days I get up and don't want to train but these are usally the days when training is most immportant. It is far too easy in today's society to just sit down and watch that oh so important television show, or have a couple beers with some friends. It is the people that are truely dedicated to their art and self-improvement that will go to class on those days when they really don't want to, this is a great test of your commitment.....in my opinion :)

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN

I definitely agree with you there Leaf! I also believe that if some days you don't feel like training, and you still get your butt in that gym, then you're dedicated to whatever it is that you're doing. When I don't train I actually feel guilty, like if it's something that I have to do no matter what.