• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kyokushin

datguy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP8Jwgx3tEg

Check out some these high kicks! Now that's pretty impressive. Just goes to show that if you can find the right mix of power and speed, high kicks can be used on the street.

“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well I see what you mean but regardless of the rules, those were some pretty well placed kicks.

“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”

Was some nice kicks. Kyokushin has always had me wondering however why not let them wear gloves and allow punches to the head, I know originally this was not the way it was done but I feel in this day and age more and more people are doing this so to keep up, headgear and gloves should be allowed.

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.

I wouldn't even want those head punches there. It would make the whole set all different. Then you can't just go. And it becomes more like Muay Thai or kickboxing.

"People study from boredom. They fall in love, get married and reproduce from boredom. And finally die from boredom." -Georg Buchner

Was some nice kicks. Kyokushin has always had me wondering however why not let them wear gloves and allow punches to the head, I know originally this was not the way it was done but I feel in this day and age more and more people are doing this so to keep up, headgear and gloves should be allowed.

That's mostly tournament training which isn't the norm for all Kyokushin dojos. Kumite rules depends on the individual dojo's chief instructor.

If you allowed head punches, the high kicks would be seen a whole lot less. Allow full contact groin kicks (street fighting) and the high kicks would undoubtedly disappear.

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.