• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Testing For Yellow On Wednesday!

Hey guys, I'm new to KF :) I am testing for my yellow belt this wednesday! I'm very excited, karate has become a HUGE part of my life- let's just say I'm obsessed haha. Anyone have any tips?? I do BJJ, Muay Thai, and some Kempo..... but mostly I'm worried about nerves! Thanks!

"It's not about how hard you hit, its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward."

It's not the skill, it's the HEART.

White Belt, June 2011. Yellow Belt, August 2011.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

First up, welcome aboard KF! Glad to have you.

As to the test, relax. It's the best thing you can do for nerves. It's 2 days away, do light reps of what you're expected to know. Mainly mental. But more than anything, relax. Breath. I know it sounds simple, but don't stress so much (going back to relaxing) that you start holding your breath. Slow you're breathing, this will slow your heart rate, this in turn will control the nerves and let you operate.

It will be your best friend.

Best of luck, let us know how it goes.

Welcome aboard you've found the best forum on the net.

As for your test as Tallgeese stated above, relax. Do some visualization and run through your sylibus. Most of all relax have the mind set you will not fail be confident in yourself and what you have learned. And do your best and that all you can do.

Good luck!

I second what these two guys have already mentioned. Relax and breath. Success is where preparation meets opportunity. If you feel confident in your preparation, then this opportunity should take care of itself.

Welcome aboard and good luck! :karate: Keep us posted as to the results.

thanks! and I guess that is a good idea- my worst habit is overtraining... I always feel like I won't be ready so I train harder than necessary- and then I overdo it :dead:

"It's not about how hard you hit, its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward."

LittleW, thank you :) ugh I'm just so passionate about it! lol :karate:

I passed!!!! :D Now I get to go to the adult class too!! Yay!