• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i didnt want to put it in grappliing arts because that forum seems to b more for like... questions or discussion.. this is kinda a little excitement.. idk move it if its not right ty :) lol

today in class, we watched the only other white belt in class besides myself recieve his yellow belt.. no test... just hard work. he looked so happy! and seeing that strives me on :karate:

ive been working hard basicly breathing judo... im really enjoying myself! i am building confidence i never thought i really truely had (more than TKD EVER could...) and im learning so much! its rediculous! this seems to b in part because of the partner aspect that judo requires.. talking to your partner or little randori... amazing fun. its like solving a rubiks cube.. when you know the right way to do it, you dont even see how you couldnt do it before! i love it. i suggest judo to everyone not because its effective but because its fun.

my dojo doesnt really focus on the names of each move, just really realizing where yyour opponent goes. a lot of the time we randori blind folded so we just feel it out. its awesome!

:karate: :karate: :karate: :karate:

"ok, well i must warn you, im an orange belt on karateforums!"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Judo is a great art with alot to offer. Glad to hear you're having a good time.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

That's really great! :) I might actually go train judo too if I'd change a style or take up a second one.

"People study from boredom. They fall in love, get married and reproduce from boredom. And finally die from boredom." -Georg Buchner

I'd love to try Judo. There are not any schools nearby. I've always enjoyed the sport and it's effectiveness in the self-defense aspect. You are lucky and keep working hard and enjoy your training.

Thx guys :) I'm eager for my next class on Tuesday Haha. It's been saddening not going to all 3 classes but I think I've got an idea on how I can make it work and will soon b attending all 3 :)

Its great you are having such a good time with your training. I've always thought Judo would be fun to learn. I have a few books on the subject, and enjoyed reading them, and learned a few things. Hard to figure some of that stuff out without an instructor, so I just keep them for references or ideas I want to read up on. It would be a good time, learning how to throw like that.

Nice to hear when someone finds something that fits him so much!

I'd love to learn judo, but in my town there's no class for it (except one for children, and I don't always like to fight with somebody half a meter smaller than me).

haha no definetly find a place. its like... idk how to explain it... its nothing like other martial arts.. pertty much everything we do is basicly sparring right away.. all hands on training which i LOVE. i dont wanna sit there all day and punch the air like i did in TKD, dont get me wrong i love tkd when i get to spar but idk.. especially my dojo, we are so much less strict.. like we want to get the throws down but its not really about that here.. its about getting the other guy on the ground like it should b. yah know?