• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

parisyan hallman 123

hey guys. im realizing that i never saw UFC 123... i wanted to see just how bad karo parisyan was looking during the fight.. if someone could send me a link or something that would b awesome... i cant seem to find it anywhere..

"ok, well i must warn you, im an orange belt on karateforums!"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The UFC is pretty good at making sure no un-paid for clip exists on the internet. I can assure you however, that Karo looked like a wet noodle.

"A gun is a tool. Like a butcher knife or a harpoon, or uhh... an alligator."

― Homer, The Simpsons

I didn't see the fight, but why be a sad day for Judo? A bad day for one man shouldn't be proclaimed a bad day for the Art, I don't think. Besides, isn't he getting up there in age, too? I don't recall, but I remember hearing his name a while back...and I've been out of the MMA loop for a while.

well it was a sad day for the art because he was looking rough as it were... like as in drug up rough. not to mention his judo skills looked terrible.. looked like he had no idea what he was doing (not seriously but he did look aweful) it was sad but still usable as a learning experience.

"ok, well i must warn you, im an orange belt on karateforums!"

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah...I'm with Brian on this one. One's demise is not a demise for the Art, imho!! Unless he/she is the only practitioner of said system, imho. I can only hope that his instructor has a serious heart to heart talk with him, even if it's for his future in Judo and Judo alone.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 1 month later...

I had to look this up, I don't keep up on Hallman, I know of the man pretty well.

Him and I were supposed to do modified rules Muay Thai fight years ago, I even have a .jpg of the fight poster somewhere. I remember training my butt off for the fight, 2-3 days before the fight so I'll never know...it's too bad, too :).

I had to look this up, I don't keep up on Hallman, I know of the man pretty well.

Him and I were supposed to do modified rules Muay Thai fight years ago, I even have a .jpg of the fight poster somewhere. I remember training my butt off for the fight, 2-3 days before the fight so I'll never know...it's too bad, too :).

Hey, that's pretty cool!

Hey, that's pretty cool!

Thanks :) I edited that so I wouldn't sound like a big keyboard warrior but I meant 2-3 days before the fight, Hallman backed out due to some training injury. I probably trained my butt off for 2 months prior LOL.

Not saying I would have beat him, who knows, it didn't happen, so I can't really say, just one of those "what ifs?" that I'll always think of. Hallman is a very skilled grappler though, I won't even try to act like I'm in his league of grappling skill. My brother fought a training partner of his (Anthony Hamlett) for his first MT fight on a amature card Hallman threw, too...very small world. Was an exciting time to be fighting in the WA state area, I remember fighting on some of the same cards as Josh Barnett a few times, too.