• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Haven't done Karate in close to 5months

KumitePanda

i'm going spare....i haven't even been able to do my katas 'tai chi' style because of a neurological condition....i have raised intracranial pressures and have had 2 lumbar punctures in the past 3wks... now they're thinking surgery and thats another 6mths on bloodthinners... i've gone from total badcore karate kid to nothing...

i'd give a kidney, liver lobe, spline and bone marrow to get out on the floor again...... i am just so darn frustrated...and worst off is i'm afraid because i can't practice my katas...i'll forget them

~Rhi

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Get healthy. Karate will still be there. Keep your chin up.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

Hopefully your challenge is just temporary and you will be able to train again soon. You don't have to stop training though, do mental kata.

Matsubayashi Ryu

CMMACC (Certified Mixed Martial Arts Conditioning Coach)

Get better soon. Most important thing is to be healthy first. Like ps1 said, Karate'll still be around when you're ready for it.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Thanks guys and gurls!

i thinks the most frustrating part is that if they do the surgery, i can't go to nationals to support my dojo, and the vision loss makes things alot harder even though its just peripherial. and family are making it even harder by not wanting it being talked about.

~Rhi

but this isn't a MA injury... this has been accumulating over a period of 1-2yrs. its just frustrating because if i had an off day, i could take it out at the dojo, now if i had an off day it gets bottled up and my fury is released on some poor soul like my dad or my sister and then depression sets in and then more tests need to be done then headaches come and i have to go into hospital...

~Rhi

Keep the faith. Stay strong. Don't focus on the fact that you can't do Karate now; instead, focus on the strength that Karate gave you, and use your will and desire to do Karate again to motivate you to get through this. These are the situations that build your perserverance. You WILL get through this. Think positive, and stay the course. :karate:

• 1 month later...