• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

First Test Results

I honestly do not even know where to begin in describing how I feel today! I just don't. I am exhausted, I am proud, and I am in shock.

Again, let me specify, the testing we did last night was a stripe testing.

It went well! Surprisingly so. I was so nervous before class, I couldn't get my white belt to tie properly for almost 15 minutes.

LOL It was an epic battle.

Let's see, we worked on strike sets, demonstrated block sets for the class, demonstrated self defense , and then the nun-chuck form. I was mainly worried about the nun-chuck form because it's so long.

My friend and I both did really well and we both actually COMPLETED the nun-chuck form. Some of the higher belts were having problems with it. I don't mean to be mean, however, that put me at ease in some ways. For the white belts, they just wanted to see how far we could go with it. I won't say we didn't have errors, but we DID complete it. When we did mess up, we stopped, redid that section and moved on.

So, at the end of class, my friend and I got our black stripe on our belt showing that we were successful with our halfway testing. I almost started crying! I was just really happy. Honestly, we kept touching the stripe. It means so much to us!

After the class was done, one of the instructors pulled us aside.

She let us know that the plan was that my friend and I were supposed to promote to yellow belt that night, however, Century has a small delay in shipping.

Monday or Wednesday, we will promote.

We are in complete shock over this! I went to shake her hand, but she pulled me into a hug instead and then hugged my friend. I just can’t believe it.

She said that she spoke with our Sensei and the owner of the school, and they agree with her choice to do this! She said that we have made a huge improvement in both confidence and in the effort we are putting into practicing. Our demonstration and understanding is high.

We usually get to class an hour early to watch the kids class ahead of us.

My friend decided to drop me off at home after class and I was crying in the car. Happiness I assure you.

As a larger woman, I have been so afraid of failure, however, I have found something within me that is helping me to succeed.

Our dojo is my 2nd home. I feel safe there. I feel comfortable there. There is no judgement.

So, all I can say is THANK YOU for supporting me. I hope to continue on this path.

:bowofrespect:

:karate: Celeste :karate:

"The more you sweat in training, the less you will bleed in battle." - Motto of the Navy Seals

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Nice work! Don't stress the belt thing...true story, I didn't have mine tied right at my black belt test after 5 plus years.

Nice work! Don't stress the belt thing...true story, I didn't have mine tied right at my black belt test after 5 plus years.

That would be interesting :) I guess nervous do interesting things to you lol. My Sensei told me that the nerves just meant I cared. Good way to look at it. :)

Celeste

"The more you sweat in training, the less you will bleed in battle." - Motto of the Navy Seals