• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kyokushin Karate

Wastesien

The One thing I don't like about some Kyokushin Karateka, they are so Kyokushin, they don't acknowledge its syblings Ashihara Karate and Enshin, Karate, although I must say there is a presence on Kyokushin4Life forum, who some are posters on both.

When I post I mention Knockdown Karate and specify Kyokushin, Ashihara, Enshin and Daido Juku, but come on Kyokushin Karateka why do you not do the same?

It depends on whatever we're talking about. I honestly don't see this as an issue, as the knockdown community is quite small so we all have to band together as much as we can.

Exactly, we need to band together so how do we acknowledge all types of Knockdown Karate? Do we give it a generic label "Knock Down Karate" or do we all "fall" under the umbrella of "Kyokoushin" regardless of style within the knockdown community

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OSU, I'm happy to band together. I just don't have any authority yet. :}

OSU, me neither, LOL

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

Well I'm a member of a knockdown fighters forum, and k4l welcomes all related styles also. I am happy to play with my knockdown brothers and sisters. I still only can represent myself, and by extension to a degree my style... but certainly when someone has asked for advice about a style and they mention that they want to do an alive karate with serious contact and practicality, I'll suggest Kyokushin or one of it's relatives, including Enshin and Ashihara, or anything related.

But I'll also tell them that I'm biased, haha!

http://kyokushinchick.blogspot.com/

"If you can fatally judo-chop a bull, you can sit however you want." -MasterPain, on why Mas Oyama had Kyokushin karateka sit in seiza with their clenched fists on their thighs.

• 2 weeks later...

too hard for my taste.

Not everything can be resolved with a fist, imho.

;)

"The only fights you win are the ones you can avoid..."

"Martial Art doesn't just teaches you how to defend yourself, but it also teaches you about self control..."

too hard for my taste.

;)

Strange, as I know many Shito Ryu Dojos who spar just as hard as many Kyokushin/Knock-Down Karate Dojos

too hard for my taste.

;)

Strange, as I know many Shito Ryu Dojos who spar just as hard as many Kyokushin/Knock-Down Karate Dojos

Is it?

;)

it's hard to adapt since most kumite tournaments here are semi-contact.

"The only fights you win are the ones you can avoid..."

"Martial Art doesn't just teaches you how to defend yourself, but it also teaches you about self control..."