• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Dai Shihan wants a new Belt

Dobbersky

All,

My Dai Shihan has asked for a new belt, so I need your help?

We need a 360 - 380cm long 5cm wide Red belt with 9 DAN BARs (or a Large block and 4 BARS) on it, can't seem to find one in the UK to match the requirements. Possibly go for his name embroidered on it too

Can you recommend suppliers and approximate costs

thanks

Ken

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

EosinPanther.com They're in the US, but I'm sure they will ship to the UK. They can do anything you can think of & they are fantastic belts!

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

Black Eagle in the UK do custom blackbelts:

http://www.black-eagle.co.uk/customembroideredblackbelts-p-1372.html

Not sure on the quality, but you could contact to see if they'd do it on a red belt.

Blitz is probably better quality but again, they don't offer red so you'd have to contact them:

http://www.blitzsport.com/Tailormade/Embroidered-Belts

Their customer servie is good though.

Found these guys who look top quality but V. pricey, I was getting quotes + £150:

http://www.ichibaninternational.com/belts/m2m/

Hope you find something

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Kataaro will make custom belts, although they are in the US

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Um...what's wrong with this whole picture? A 9th Dan doesn't know where to buy a belt???

Sorry...just strikes me as odd. VERY odd.

How old is this guy and how long has he been in the arts? Just curious.

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

Um...what's wrong with this whole picture? A 9th Dan doesn't know where to buy a belt???

Sorry...just strikes me as odd. VERY odd.

How old is this guy and how long has he been in the arts? Just curious.

We just deal with Century usually, but when you want something specific like that, it could be hard to find.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

We need a 360 - 380cm long 5cm wide Red belt with 9 DAN BARs (or a Large block and 4 BARS) on it, can't seem to find one in the UK to match the requirements. Possibly go for his name embroidered on it too

This is tougher than it looks at first glance. For those who don't know and didn't do the math, 5 cm wide is 2" and 360 cm long is close to 142"! Very few companies carry 2" red belts, let alone ones that are 12' long.

IcemanSK is right. Eosin Panther has one on their website. The block and bars sound similar to what kenpo does. I'd guess that can take care of that for you.

John - ASE Martial Arts Supply

https://www.asemartialarts.com

EosinPanther.com They're in the US, but I'm sure they will ship to the UK. They can do anything you can think of & they are fantastic belts!

Absolutely...Eosin Panther!!

Btw, is your Dai-Shihan asking for himself or are you/student body wanting to get him one as a gift? I'm sure every Kudan knows what belt he/she wants and where to get one by him/herself.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!