• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Whats the worst beating you've ever took in the Dojo????

Im posing this question out of sheer curiousity, not all schools believe in hard sparring, mine however does and usually this leads to me being beaten up on a bi-weekly basis.

Probably the worst ive ever gotten it was from my sensei who hit be with a 3 punch combination followed by a knee to the head while i was against a wall. I lost the ability to speak for about 30 seconds.

Honorable Mention: Any time we visit our sister school where the Sensei is a Kyusho Jutsu instructor. I always get to be the pressure point dummy. Fun Stuff!! :D

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I caught a cross at the end of a combo one night that played out as follows: At the time of the shot, I went down, got up, and finished the bout. Finished class on wobbly legs before chatting with everyone and driving an hour back to college. I then carried on a conversation with my roommate before taking a shower and heading to bed. Nothing unusual, right?

Here's the thing, I learned all this second hand. I woke up the next morning with no recollection of anything that happened after that cross. Go figure. By far my best beating.

As a honorable mention, the same dude caught me with a back spinning side kick during a belt test that cracked three ribs, made me think I was going to die since I couldn't breath, and put me out for about three months.

I was younger then, the same things now might right out kill me :lol: .

Ho.....Interesting topic. Once when I was a kumite beginner, my Sempai placed the edge of his foot on my tummy, then picked me up by yoko geri, and tossed me into the wall. I was about 20 at the time. I have had my kidney hurt for a week, a busted nose, been kicked in the nuts, and have dents in my leg. As most of this happened a while ago, there is probably more that I don't recall. After a while, your skill keeps you safe.

Second Honorable Mention: The mos vicious low blow ive ever taken was by Sensei's wife during a womens self defense course. I was a co-instructor and somehow drew the short straw to be the "attacker" on the night we were introducing knees to the groin. She is a TKD black belt in her own right and even though i was wearing two cups, left me a coughing pile of goo on the floor.

Worst? Man, it's hard to pick.-lol-

Umm, okay, caught a hard counter right one night that staggered me up. I go wobbling back to catch my balance and get a little help staying off the wall. I finish the round and tell one of the guys "If you guys hadn't caught me, I'd been in trouble there." I thought a couple of them had stopped me and kept me off the wall. Turns out it was one guy.

Honorable mention? Sparring with my instructor as he got ready for a kickboxing match. Last round we're spent and we're working from a lose clench, leaning in on each other. I start ripping body shots for the liver, he hammers me with short hooks to the head. I just turned my head in a bit and kept working until the bell. I get home and my brother in law, when it's nearly full dark out, asks what the heck happened to me. Next day, my history prof asks if I was in a car wreck.

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine

Not sure of my worst but my most recent: sparring outside on the field for a change and was paired with one of the guys. He's much quicker and stronger than anyone else I know and was trying to wind me up. Side push kicked me the length of the football field. :kaioken: As soon as I recovered from one kick, slammed another sidekick in and no matter what I tried to do, kept getting pushed back.. Until threw my gloves down and stomped off :P

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

When I was testing in 2007, part of my requirement was to spar 15 minutes continuously against several other students and instructors. While sparring one of my instructors, he cracked one of my floating ribs with a body hook, and then later another student managed to dislocate my xyphoid. Not a fun day, took a bit to recover from that one.

When I was testing in 2007, part of my requirement was to spar 15 minutes continuously against several other students and instructors. While sparring one of my instructors, he cracked one of my floating ribs with a body hook, and then later another student managed to dislocate my xyphoid. Not a fun day, took a bit to recover from that one.

OUCH!!

Worse I've ever had happen to me was in August 2002. My Sensei/Dai-Soke, when I was at our Hombu during a Tuite session that was for Godan's and up. I'm always partnered with my Sensei/Dai-Soke, and at times, I hate it, that day was no exception.

As always, I was told..."DON'T MOVE", which I never do move when I'm told to not move, while he demonstrated a Tuite control combination that he was teaching us that morning. Well you can guess it...I MOVED...STUPID...he leveled me with a short range ridge hand dead on the right side of my neck...it was LIGHTS OUT.

It took me a few minutes to remember my name and why I was sitting on the floor!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I took a several round beating once...it was rather enjoyable, I'd like to add - but I'm weird like that.

It started out with one round of standup with a guy the call "Meanie" He's taller, stronger, and better than me. I had my legs kicked out from underneath me about 9 times, and had his giant shins bounce off my head at least 5 times.

Round two involved grappling with someone smaller, but unfortunately stronger and better than me. I was choked out repeatedly, and mounted and suffocated for a while.

Round three was a 5-minute pummeling from a 205 lb. guy who ended up fighting in the UFC...it was ugly.

Round four was another 5 minute pummeling from a 185 lb. professional fighter.

And round five was a thorough beating from a 145 lb professional fighter. By the end of the round I was just standing there, exhausted, getting punched repeatedly in the face because I couldn't do anything to prevent it.

"A gun is a tool. Like a butcher knife or a harpoon, or uhh... an alligator."

― Homer, The Simpsons

A couple months ago I was sparring my sensei and apparently I hold my guard too high when I switch to southpaw because he snuck in a punch to my liver while stepping past me. That hurt but would have been fine if he hadn't done it two more times and the third one drilled me so hard I dropped and rolled around for a while in pain. Good times :P

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society