• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Five Years on Staff for Brian (bushido_man96)

Hello,

Thank you for visiting KarateForums.com.

Today marks a big milestone for Brian, perhaps better known around here as bushido_man96. It was five years ago today that he joined our staff.

Brian has been a tremendous contributor to this community. Some people look at post count as an important, serious metric, for determining someone's standing within this community. From managing KarateForums.com for over 10 years, I can tell you that is not a good indicator.

I say this knowing that Brian has 20,331 posts, which is the second highest number of any member here. I fear that he will eventually catch me, which is why I can never take another vacation for as long as I live. :) In reality, I look forward to that day.

But, of course, what is a better indicator of someone's standing in this community is the content of their posts. What they say and what they share is important, but just as important is how they say it and how they treat other people.

The content of Brian's posts is what makes him such a beloved member of this community. In my role as administrator, I see everything that goes on here. I see the public stuff that members know about and I see the (sometimes very nasty) private stuff that I have to deal with.

Once in a while, there is a member who becomes popular here, who a lot of people gravitate towards and, privately, I know them to not be the nicest person in the world. My job isn't to share that information with anyone, but to keep that knowledge private. However, I can say, with absolute honesty, that the popularity of Brian within our community is well deserved. He's a great influence on this community.

He's a great guy with a great love of KarateForums.com. Though the KarateForums.com Awards aren't to be taken too seriously, I believe there is good reason that he has been honored by the community with the Community Spirit Award for the past five years, which is an amazing feat (as well as the 9 total honors he's received).

This passion that he has is one of the things that I love about him. Myself, and the current and former staff members who have been on the team with Brian know him a little differently, as someone who offers thoughtful feedback on site related matters, is a great team player and takes serious the responsibilities that I've given him.

It's been a pleasure to get to know Brian well during his five years on staff, here on KarateForums.com and elsewhere. It was great to meet him, and his family, in person at the Podcamp Topeka conference last year.

Thank you, Brian. Thank you for all of the great contributions that you have made to this community and for all of your efforts to help maintain this community. Your support over the years means a great deal to me.

Sincerely,

Patrick

Edited by Patrick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well said, Patrick. Congrats bushido man for 5 years of service on staff. It is a please to be part of this community with you.

Congrats Brian :D Not just a quantity of posts but top quality posts too.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

It's a well deserved acknowledgement from Patrick!! Your posts are the glue that KF depends on across the board. You show professionalism to everyone, and you give us a solid reason to pause. In you, I've found a true friend outside of the Shindokan circle that I can trust without any ambiguity...this is a rare thing!!

Congrats on 5 years on KF staff!!

:bowofrespect:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Wow! I don't know what to say or where to start!

First of all, I would like to thank you, Patrick, for giving me this opportunity. I didn't realize then where it would lead, and KF has become a big part of who I am. Thank you, Patrick.

I also want to express mu gratitude to all of the staff members I work with now and worked with in the past. You are a blast to work with!

To Bob; thank you for those kind words. They mean more than yo know.

And last but not least, I thank all of the great members of KF for all of their great contributions. Without you, I wouldn't have near as much to say.

Thank you all!