• no

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on my limited knowledge of it, I would say no. As far as i know, there are no "fighting techniques" involved in the activity.

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

i have heard people call it a martial art and i wanted to know what you guys thought. i dont consider it a martial art.

If this is a martial art then competitive cheer is a martial art.

My niece was a competitive cheerleader, and she's tougher than me.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

I'd say yes. It has the mindset. The range of choice just happens to be "running away from the people trying to attack" rather than offense.

All I hear about it is full of discussions of situational awareness, "don't run into anyplace you can't run back out of", "always watch for multiple escape routes and places where you can be cornered", stuff like that, as well as lots of commentary about how the most important skills are the ones that aren't very visually interesting or dramatic. Those seem martial to me, and it seems like a good skill to grab some skill in as a secondary.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

I don't think I'd necessarily call parkour a martial art because its not really the study of combat. It'd probably be really useful to learn as it'd go hand in hand with MA but I wouldn't call it one.

There's such a thing as competitive cheerleading? Who knew?

Don't ever say that to someone who does it :P I made the mistake once of asking a competitive cheerleader if they ever cheered at games (because isn't that the point of cheering :-?). Had to endure a very angry lecture on the subject saying that cheerleading wasn't about cheering. :o

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

If this is a martial art then competitive cheer is a martial art.

My niece was a competitive cheerleader, and she's tougher than me.

I think you need to train harder then MP

*running out the door* :brow:

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.