• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

First Belt Testing in 2 weeks.

When my friend and I first joined our dojo, our 2nd class happened to fall on a belt testing day. Of course, we partipated to the best of our ability (and survived) but, of course, we couldn't promote.

In two weeks, we will be having our promotion test. Given that this will be our first official testing, I am a touch nervous yet I am so excited.

Right now, I am just focusing on training as much as possible.

I know some may not see it as a big deal because we're just testing out of white belt status, but to me it is.

Any advice for a white belt? lol

Thanks guys. You're awesome!

"The more you sweat in training, the less you will bleed in battle." - Motto of the Navy Seals

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

See if you can't find somebody to run you through things and tell you where you're weakest. Your instructor may do this for you too in the coming weeks. In my experience if I don't specifically target weak points in my skills I train the things I'm already good (because well, I practice those things all the time).

Don't stress too much, most place don't expect to see serious skill in low belts, they want to see if you can actually do the techniques so they can focus on new things, coordination, timing, intensity etc takes a lot of time, which is why the kyu/dan system exists in the first place.

Kodiak, thank you so much for the advice. I truly appreciate it. I am looking forward to this, and I am training as much as I can. I know I am weakest with the beginning nunchaku forms because I haven't had a pair of my own to practice with. THAT got resolved today actually! So now, I can work with that as well.

I will definitely talk with my Sensei and see what he has noticed as my weak points. I am also practicing with my friend who brought me there to begin with.

Thanks again! I'll definitely let you guys know how it goes!

Celeste

"The more you sweat in training, the less you will bleed in battle." - Motto of the Navy Seals

That's good advise. Keep up your practice, be confident in what you know, and manage the butterflies as best you can.

Good luck! :karate:

Thank you! I appreciate it :) I think you're right. Confidence is going to be a huge part in this (as well as managing those butterflies) but that's part of why I started. I need to stop doubting myself.

:karate:

Celeste

Good Luck! Sure you'll do fine :)

Aside from actual technique, things like etiquette and a good attitude go a long way. Sitting on our examining panel, it drives me nuts when people look like they don't want to be there and can't be bothered.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius