• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Question about jiujitsu before I sign up for a class

How is getting slammed to the mat over and over again more gentle? :lol: Seriously, I do BJJ all the time, I've no interest whatsoever in adding judo to my line up ever.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't call judo 'more gentle'. 'gentle' refers to a particular movement quality they try to use, but those throws can be pretty punishing.. Judoka seem like they take as much of a pounding in training as boxers, muay thai stylists, and ballet dancers do.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

How is getting slammed to the mat over and over again more gentle? :lol: Seriously, I do BJJ all the time, I've no interest whatsoever in adding judo to my line up ever.

well judo directly translated means "the gentle way" the reason for this is not that it is "gentle" but that it takes gentle touches to get the job done.... there are various throws that take so little effort its crazy. at least. when done correctly. its actually really easy to do. and tbh, i can tell ur a bjj guy cuz u dont want to even explore judo :P eventually i plan on going to my local bjj place as well.. to see how it is for me.. but i really like judo. :karate:

"ok, well i must warn you, im an orange belt on karateforums!"

well if ur planning on doing jujitsu... take judo instead ;) lol. no for real tho honestly, judo is a much easier and less... violent version of jujitsu... the gentle way is much easier, and when its simplified, you can focus on execution. i dont know anything about arnis, sooo im not getting into that lol.

I'm not sure how Judo is less violent. Thowing someone into the concrete on their head sounds pretty violent to me. Actually, claiming that any Martial Art is not violent is kind of counter-intuitive, don't you think? :wink:

well if ur planning on doing jujitsu... take judo instead ;) lol. no for real tho honestly, judo is a much easier and less... violent version of jujitsu... the gentle way is much easier, and when its simplified, you can focus on execution. i dont know anything about arnis, sooo im not getting into that lol.

I'm not sure how Judo is less violent. Thowing someone into the concrete on their head sounds pretty violent to me. Actually, claiming that any Martial Art is not violent is kind of counter-intuitive, don't you think? :wink:

lol as i said.. im not saying its not violent... per say... its less violent than traditional jujitsu yes but still lol.. its name is the gentle way because as i said it can take so little effort.. and a "gentle" nudge to get the job done ;)

but yes it kinda sounds counter intuitive dont it lol.

"ok, well i must warn you, im an orange belt on karateforums!"