• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New Member Intro

:bowofrespect:

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and new to martial arts.

About a month and a half ago, a friend talked me into going to a free class.

When we got there, I was extremely nervous. I am not a large large woman, but I am not skinny either. Also, I am a multiple time sexual assault survivor.

We found the atmosphere to be more than welcoming and I felt so good after the class, so we both signed up.

The class I am going to is listed as a MMA class. We have some karate going, some kick boxing, some jiu jitsu, and weapons training.

It's been a blessing in my life already. I am feeling 100% better about myself and I am just here to learn more from others who have been doing this a lot longer than I have :)

I look forward to talking to everyone!

:karate:

Celeste

Crimson_Lotus

"The more you sweat in training, the less you will bleed in battle." - Motto of the Navy Seals

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome to the site. It's a friendly environment here.

Good to hear you're feeling better about yourself. Are you doing any counseling as well?

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

MasterPain, thank you for the welcome. I appreciate it.

Good to hear you're feeling better about yourself. Are you doing any counseling as well?

I actually have done counseling in the past and "graduated" from it. I think I just needed to find something that helped me learn to trust myself again and to bring some peace/protection into my life. So far, this has definitely been doing it for me.

Celeste

"The more you sweat in training, the less you will bleed in battle." - Motto of the Navy Seals

Welcome Celeste :)

& welcome to the martial arts

Thank you for the welcome, DWx. I love your lotus image :)

Celeste

I'm glad to hear that you are finding the lessons helpful! I look forward to hearing more of your experiences and perspectives. Don't be afraid to jump in on topics, we're not all wise arch-masters, and even those who are want to hear other perspectives and ideas.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

Welcome Celeste :)

& welcome to the martial arts

Thank you for the welcome, DWx. I love your lotus image :)

Celeste

:D thanks, shame its pink though, not crimson

...we're not all wise arch-masters...

Speak for yourself :P j/k my MA knowledge is tiny compared to some of these guys

But yeah echoing Justice, don't hesitate to chime in on anything you like, or start some topics up :)

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

JusticeZero, thank you for the welcome :) lol well, I'll consider you all a lot wiser than I am right now, but I will definitely jump in :) thanks again!

I'm glad to hear that you are finding the lessons helpful! I look forward to hearing more of your experiences and perspectives. Don't be afraid to jump in on topics, we're not all wise arch-masters, and even those who are want to hear other perspectives and ideas.

:D thanks, shame its pink though, not crimson

lol that would be cool. The lotus has always been a symbol of peace and survival for me. I don't know where the crimson came from. I have always taken it to be like a life force. But lotuses of all types are beautiful :)