• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

WWF/WCW Nostalgia Thread

Groinstrike

I have not watched pro wrestling fro about 12 years. But, i was bored the other day and started watching some 90-93 era wwf and 97-98 wcw videos on youtube.

I was still very entertaining to me because i remember the feelings i got from watching this when i was a wee lad.

Anyone out there have any favorite happenings from this by gone era of pro wrestling?

For me it was the 1992 royal rumble. Every participant was a superstar and had one of the great endings in pro wrestling history.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Spin the wheel make a deal resulting in a coal miner's glove match perhaps? Alright, maybe not so much that...Gorilla Monsoon and Jesse Ventura as the best 2-man announce team ever has a special place in my heart. Go Snooooka!

"A gun is a tool. Like a butcher knife or a harpoon, or uhh... an alligator."

― Homer, The Simpsons

Spin the wheel make a deal resulting in a coal miner's glove match perhaps? Alright, maybe not so much that...Gorilla Monsoon and Jesse Ventura as the best 2-man announce team ever has a special place in my heart. Go Snooooka!

Personally, i am partial to Monsoon/Heenan, but Monsoon/Ventura is great as well.

Personally, i am partial to Monsoon/Heenan, but Monsoon/Ventura is great as well.

That's a hard choice. But I do like calling people humanoids.

Late 80s WWF. Hogan was still telling you to take your steroi..... vitamins. Ultimate Warrior was absolutely crazy but had not yet started a political blog. The Macho Man advertising Slim Jims was more exciting than the uninspired junk they're doing now. Tag teams were great in that era as well. I know they were not technically the best, but my favorite had to be the Bushwhackers. They were just fun to watch.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

With props to the above mentioned examples (I'm also partial to D-X, sensei), I think the obvious choice is the Iron Sheik v. Hogan rivalry from so far back I can hardly remember. Nationalism at its finest.

With props to the above mentioned examples (I'm also partial to D-X, sensei), I think the obvious choice is the Iron Sheik v. Hogan rivalry from so far back I can hardly remember. Nationalism at its finest.

That was a long gimmick feud, but a great one!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

My favorite fueds back in the day were the ones that made absolutely no since. For example Randy Savage fueding with Repo Man for repoing his multi-colored cowboy hat.

My favorite fueds back in the day were the ones that made absolutely no since. For example Randy Savage fueding with Repo Man for repoing his multi-colored cowboy hat.

Good one Groinstrike!!

**Proof is on the floor!!!