• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hobbies

guitarguy

collect Doctor Who memorabilia (I'm a big fan, my username sort of gives that away :D)

Awesome! I've been a huge fan since I was about 8 years old watching grainy reruns on PBS here in the states.

I've been a fan since as long as I can remember, Jon Pertwee was my first Doctor and I have been collecting since 1976 (unfortunately, my ex wife destroyed some of my most valuable and irreplaceable items in our recent divorce) I used to have signed photos after meeting Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, Peter Davison and Colin Baker as well as a Elisabeth Sladen and Nicholas Courtney signed photos...all recently destroyed! I am still in shock!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

collect Doctor Who memorabilia (I'm a big fan, my username sort of gives that away :D)

Awesome! I've been a huge fan since I was about 8 years old watching grainy reruns on PBS here in the states.

I've been a fan since as long as I can remember, Jon Pertwee was my first Doctor and I have been collecting since 1976 (unfortunately, my ex wife destroyed some of my most valuable and irreplaceable items in our recent divorce) I used to have signed photos after meeting Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, Peter Davison and Colin Baker as well as a Elisabeth Sladen and Nicholas Courtney signed photos...all recently destroyed! I am still in shock!!!

Having heard that I think a little piece of me just died. That stinks! Baker was the Doctor I started on, and hence, my favorite. However, I have fond memories of the Pertwee era as well (reruns of course). I was less than happy with the post- Davidson run but I hung in there. Even thru the 90's made for TV movie. But, despite the considerable issues with it, I will argue that McGann had a great look and take on the role. I've loved some of the 8th's books.

Having heard that I think a little piece of me just died. That stinks! Baker was the Doctor I started on, and hence, my favorite. However, I have fond memories of the Pertwee era as well (reruns of course). I was less than happy with the post- Davidson run but I hung in there. Even thru the 90's made for TV movie. But, despite the considerable issues with it, I will argue that McGann had a great look and take on the role. I've loved some of the 8th's books.

McGann was ace and it's a shame he didn't reprise the role for the new era of Who. Who knows, he may return for the 50th anniversary next year, god knows he's certainly made it clear he's interested.

Have you seen any of the new stuff?

I play some other games like Animal crossing. I can't believe I said that here, sorta embarrassing. But yeah, I'm looking forward to this new Animal Crossing coming out for the 3DS.

No harm in that. :) Thanks for sharing. I haven't played Animal Crossing.

Patrick

Warcraft?! That requires human interaction and makes you deal with the fact that someone is always stronger.

Final Fantasy is much better. You don't have to deal with carbon based lifeforms. Collect enough McGuffins and plot devices and you can NoobPwn a guy who throws planets at you, while saying "I am become Death, the destroyer of Worlds." You don't have to pay monthly. Plus you get to ride a giant chicken. Forget the Horde, join the Cult of Kefka and create a monument to non-existence. I don't care if that's an oxymoron, it's awesome. Kupo.

Agreed, Kupo. Haha :)

Im into music - I play guitar, piano, violin and flute.

I enjoy nature and the sciences, which led me to becoming an Enviro and Chemist by trade, and spend as much time out and about as I can.

I love cars (and well anything technological and fast advancing really, but especially cars), and like seeing bulk power squeezed ot of little engines.

I do enjoy becoming slightly inhebriated with other chaps on occasion at the local publicans residence.

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."

• 4 weeks later...

I like many things....

Drawing,arts in general

Music..I play the guitar and keyboard.

Swtor game

Movies

Playing with my kids too.... very precious moment.

Knowing others is intelligence, knowing yourself is true wisdom.

Mastering others is strength, mastering yourself is true power.

Swtor game

You play Sweater too? What server are you on? Empire or Republic?

both... 3 empire toons and 4 republic

On the shadowlands server

Knowing others is intelligence, knowing yourself is true wisdom.

Mastering others is strength, mastering yourself is true power.

Swtor game

You play Sweater too? What server are you on? Empire or Republic?

both... 3 empire toons and 4 republic

On the shadowlands server

Cool. I'm on the Pleasure Barge. I have a 50 Sorceror and a 40something Bounty Hunter.

Shodan - Shaolin Kempo

███████████████▌█