• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hobbies

guitarguy

Hey I'm new to the forum and thought I'd start a new post based on hobbies outside of martial arts. For me my main interest is music and after school finishes I am looking to further my studies in music (study jazz guitar at university) I also find pyschology very interesting and mentalism which goes hand in hand, also a bit of fun to performing mind tricks :P I guess reading in generals another thing i like in a variety of areas. So lets see everyone elses hobbies and what they do in there spare time :)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I listen to music a lot. I have a huge collection of music, spanning CD, cassette, vinyl and digital. I am a big, big fan of Diddy and Bad Boy Records and, not only to a listen, but I try to collect everything they've ever released as well as associated memorabilia. I also listen to a lot of other things, of course. :) My Last.fm profile is here: http://www.last.fm/user/iFroggy

I have always had a passion for being an entrepreneur. I'm not sure if that's a hobby, as it is also my job, but either way. Investing is a hobby of sorts, I've watched the stock market since I was 10. I'm a big fan of the Dolphins in the NFL and the Yankees in the MLB. I've always enjoyed playing sports - mostly right now that's golfing. :)

I watch some TV and movies, but those are pretty common hobbies. :) I enjoy video games when I can, usually with my brothers. Been playing a bunch of Black Ops multiplayer for a while now.

That's a start. :) Heh.

Thanks,

Patrick

I USED to be a big time Call of Duty player. I was so big into it that I even wrote the strategy guide for playing MW2 multiplayer.

If you google "How to not suck at MW2 Multiplayer" you'll find the guide I wrote a few years back.

Now, I don't even own a gaming system. I have 2 kids now so no real time to play with regular martial art practice, working my garden, and loving my wife.

So, other hobbies would include P90x, Wilderness Surivival, and that's about it. When i'm not practicing my martial arts I am conditioning for it. I.E. makiwara, iron palm, etc.

-James Cavin-

My hobbies outside of martial arts are mainly music and tennis. I play the drums, piano, guitar, ukulele, trumpet, and i can sing sorta. My other hobby is tennis, my tennis team is going to the GA state tournament at the end of July.

"Impossible" is just an excuse not to try.

- me

I waste far too much time at Warcraft. Like far too much.

Outside that I like spending time fishing since I can do that with my kids. Climbing used to take up a big chunk of my non martial arts time, but I've backed off since the kiddos keep me home more these days.

Tallgeese I know alot of people like that.

I guess for me, I really like to search the net, I can spend hours just finding out stuff about different topics. Im a bit of an information junkee in that respect.

Recently I have liked to juggle, I play computer games when there is something good out haven't played for a while now. I like to keep fit and that sort of thing.

TKDKid I also am into tennis . Im not amazing but I really like to play it.

I read quite a lot, I like non fiction books like science and things like that.

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.

Warcraft?! That requires human interaction and makes you deal with the fact that someone is always stronger.

Final Fantasy is much better. You don't have to deal with carbon based lifeforms. Collect enough McGuffins and plot devices and you can NoobPwn a guy who throws planets at you, while saying "I am become Death, the destroyer of Worlds." You don't have to pay monthly. Plus you get to ride a giant chicken. Forget the Horde, join the Cult of Kefka and create a monument to non-existence. I don't care if that's an oxymoron, it's awesome. Kupo.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

I USED to be a big time Call of Duty player. I was so big into it that I even wrote the strategy guide for playing MW2 multiplayer.

If you google "How to not suck at MW2 Multiplayer" you'll find the guide I wrote a few years back.

Now, I don't even own a gaming system. I have 2 kids now so no real time to play with regular martial art practice, working my garden, and loving my wife.

Cool. :) Life changes!

Patrick