• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

BOB Human Torso Training Dummy

RJCKarate

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I decided to purchase one yesterday, and it arrived today. They usually sell for around $700 over here, but I got this one for $300, so it was a bargain.

Gave it a little bit and tried it out today, I quite liked it. I think it will be a good attribute to the dojo in the future and will be good for mental conditioning (hitting a human shaped target) and good for precision point striking.

Cheers for the feedback guys!

Reece Cummings

Kodokan Cummings Karate Dojo

5th Dan, Matsubayashiryu (Shorinryu) Karatedo Kobujutsu

1st Dan, Yamaneryu Kobudo

For you guys that are less about brute force and blunt trauma -which is kinda my thing, I think a BOB is a great addition. It's perfect for targeting a specific area of the body and angles and whatnot. I used it to work on liver shots extensively, as well as spinning attacks (which aren't naturally my forte'). It's like having a training partner that you can continuously abuse.

"A gun is a tool. Like a butcher knife or a harpoon, or uhh... an alligator."

― Homer, The Simpsons

For working target placement it works fine, but it is nothing like hitting a human body OR a heavy bag--it doesn't move like a human body, despite being shaped like one, and the "skin" on it tends to stick to your skin when you punch it, which gets pretty uncomfortable. Also, the body is much firmer than a human body and the head moves around quite a bit but isn't as hard as a human head.

Solid post!! Of all the Wavemaster types that were in my dojo, our BOB was utilized the least, and it's mostly due to what Wastelander posted. I tried it a few times and after that, I went back to my favorite...a hanging heavy bag!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

jassling,

You might be looking at just the upper part, not stand. Mine is also a BOB XL, and you can do full strikes on the back as it is fully covered.

Century Australia $650: http://www.centurymartialarts.com.au/Bob-XL-with-Shorts-base-Bob_p_193-34.html

Century USA $399: http://www.centurymartialarts.com/Boxing/Training_Bags/BOB_XLR.aspx

Plus, most of these products don't have shipping to Australia, and if they do, it would be very expensive. From all the shops in Australia, there are very few that are under $500.

Reece Cummings

Kodokan Cummings Karate Dojo

5th Dan, Matsubayashiryu (Shorinryu) Karatedo Kobujutsu

1st Dan, Yamaneryu Kobudo

• 5 months later...
I decided to purchase one yesterday, and it arrived today. They usually sell for around $700 over here, but I got this one for $300, so it was a bargain.

Gave it a little bit and tried it out today, I quite liked it. I think it will be a good attribute to the dojo in the future and will be good for mental conditioning (hitting a human shaped target) and good for precision point striking.

Cheers for the feedback guys!

Hi! Sycron, may I ask where did you get your BOB XL at such a bargain price in OZ. cheers mate