• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Dont order from Tokaido Japan

bwell

Sorry I got sidetracked from this thread.

Like I said above, things are going on with Tokaido internally. I suspect much, but nothing I'm sure enough about to mention on an open board.

I'll see what I can found out about a physical location in Japan. I'm pretty sure there's one in Tokyo, but I'll check. The company handling distribution now might be using a different name.

I'm leaving for Japan on Saturday, but I'm going primarily for pleasure, not business. I'm not meeting with anyone from Tokaido. I'll look into this when I get back.

John - ASE Martial Arts Supply

https://www.asemartialarts.com

• 1 month later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry it took so long. Things were hectic after we got back from Japan. I contacted one of the US distributors who contacted Japan, and this is the info they sent back.

They don't give the company name, but I believe the company distributing Tokaido in Tokyo is now called Japan Budo with the website japanbudo.com.

Address: 1F Okano Bldg./1-4-11 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku Tokyo 113-0033.

Hours: M-F 11:00-20:00, Sat&Sun 10:00-19:00 (depending on events schedule).

Nearest train station is Suidobashi. 4 minute walk from east exit of JR line or 1 minute walk from A1 exit of Mita line.

I never got the hang of their address system. I believe 1F means first floor, Hongo is the street, and Bunkyo-ku is a district in Tokyo. It's the numbers that confuse me. It's not like here where you can tell from the number where a unit is on a block. You might want to contact them to get directions.

I assume there is contact info on the website. One of the workers there gave his name, mobile number and email, but I don't want to post it on an open board. If you can't reach them otherwise, let me know and I'll PM it to you.

Have a great trip!

• 3 weeks later...

THanks for the reply.

Im over in Japan now. If you could confirm a few things. The website which you provided is a distributor for the USA. I went to the address which i found on the internet (same as the one which you kindly provided) but after i returned from there, i cross referenced their address with Tokaido International Direct, and found them to have the same address.

It seems to be a mystery where Tokaido is itself. Any thoughts?

THanks for the reply.

Im over in Japan now. If you could confirm a few things. The website which you provided is a distributor for the USA. I went to the address which i found on the internet (same as the one which you kindly provided) but after i returned from there, i cross referenced their address with Tokaido International Direct, and found them to have the same address.

It seems to be a mystery where Tokaido is itself. Any thoughts?

Tokaido International Direct has the same address? Interesting. As I mentioned before, there were some internal things going on at Tokaido. Who "THE Tokaido" is might not be as clear cut as it was.

I sent an email to someone asking for more info and will post here again if I get some good answers.

I'll send you a PM with some info I'm not comfortable posting here.