easiest weapon?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no "easiest weapon" in my opinion. They all have their own unique chararastics, techniques and challenges to learning.

I suppose the shotgun would be easiest...

STEP ONE: point it in the general direction of the target

STEP TWO: pull trigger.

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

The pen; it's mightier than any sword!!

But, in all seriousness, Montana's right on the money. There is no easy martial arts weapon to learn, however, if I was to pick one, for the sake of this topic/thread, I'd pick the yawara, but even then, it has it's difficulties.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Really, the easiest weapon is the one that you enjoy picking up and practicing with even when you don't need to. The hardest weapon is the one that you think is silly and you just don't care for.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

Well, if you think nunchaku are the coolest thing ever, and you still think they are the coolest thing after knocking yourself silly with them a few times trying to get the basics down, and you just love to pick them up and swing them around with the proper form that you were shown, then that would be the easiest weapon that you could learn. Personally I don't care for nunchaku, and so I would find it difficult to learn to use them.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

I would like to try nunchukas

They are not easy, fun but not easy. You'll laugh but I'm serious....TENNIS RACKET. Why? Because it's feasible that you would have to defend yourself with one nearby. That's why I practice with screwdrivers and hammers.

The thing is you'll most likely learn with an escrima type stick. Just practice with the racket at home.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

justiceZero- haha yeah i've tried to play around with them, hit myself a couple times but I still like them. I've never had a lesson on them but hopefully I will be able to soon.

MasterPain- I have plenty of tennis rackets that I could practice with! haha

"Impossible" is just an excuse not to try.

- me

I would like to try nunchukas

Well, be prepared to smack your finger tips more than once, smack your elbows more than once, smack the back of your head more than once, smack yourself in other areas more than once...feels just wonderful.

Good luck and don't let anyone take your desires away from you. Weapons training; you'll have a love and hate relationship with weapons, but, that's to be expected because, you thought empty hands training was a blast, well, weapons is a real hoot.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

The only weapons we train with are bo, sai, kaibo (eiku?), and tonfa. In my opinion the bo is the "easiest". On the most basic level, unlike sai, there is only one thing you can potentially drop or lose control of, and unlike kaibo, it is symmetrical so you don't have to worry about which side is up. Tonfa is just weird, but I've only used it a little so can't say much about it. My style does not use nunchucks, so I can't help you there. Bo is definitely my favorite weapon. I love how it handles, and its versatility.