• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Harry Cook

sojobo

Honestly I don't think that pedophiles can be rehabilitated. From what I have heard from my law enforcement friends, people who do it once, even if convicted, are quite likely to do it again. I think someone who would commit such a heinous crime against innocents has lost their "right to being a part of humanity" card.

Maybe just the personal experience talking there, but for me... no sympathy for a child molester. No second chances. None.

OSU

http://kyokushinchick.blogspot.com/

"If you can fatally judo-chop a bull, you can sit however you want." -MasterPain, on why Mas Oyama had Kyokushin karateka sit in seiza with their clenched fists on their thighs.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I don't think that pedophiles can be rehabilitated. From what I have heard from my law enforcement friends, people who do it once, even if convicted, are quite likely to do it again. I think someone who would commit such a heinous crime against innocents has lost their "right to being a part of humanity" card.

Maybe just the personal experience talking there, but for me... no sympathy for a child molester. No second chances. None.

OSU

I totally agree... I believe in the power of forgiveness AND rehabilitation... BUT there is always an exception to every rule !? A marker for a civilised society is the treatment of it's prisoners, Cook should be securely maintained and cared for, ( In the medical sense ), and that's it. His perversion is an intrinsic and core part of his psyche... many, many paedophiles are utterly convinced that they are in the right and everyone else is wrong, that his behaviour is normal and everyone elses is skewed. It wasn't a one off attack. He abused many children over many years, was cool, calculating, charming, enigmatic and, he believed, beyond question and reproach, he's a liar, he's a fraud, he's a child rapist, he's destroyed the childhood of many innocent kids, ruined relationships between familes, driven his poor wife to the brink of suicide and GOD knows what else. He's cast a cloud over every karate instructor or coach !!!

Harry Cook is the Judas Escariot of Karate....

jae

OSU,

And the worst thing is that "first offenders" often get what is basically a slap on the wrist. :( They're back out again like 5 times faster than someone who was, say, caught with a bunch of pot plants and no medical license for them...

http://kyokushinchick.blogspot.com/

"If you can fatally judo-chop a bull, you can sit however you want." -MasterPain, on why Mas Oyama had Kyokushin karateka sit in seiza with their clenched fists on their thighs.

I see where you guys are coming from, but from what I understand, he wrote an excellent history of the art of Shotokan, and if i had an interest in that, I'd want to read his book. If I want to improve my boxing, being a short heavy guy, I'd watch Mike Tyson. If I was into whatever it is Martha Stewart does, I'd watch her show.

I concur MP.

I believe that one must learn how to separate the person from the work because the work, if solid across the board, shouldn't be ignored for whatever reason(s).

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

sensei8 wrote:

I believe that one must learn how to separate the person from the work because the work, if solid across the board, shouldn't be ignored for whatever reason(s).

Maybe so, but do you think he should be able to profit from it? I don't!

sensei8 wrote:

Maybe so, but do you think he should be able to profit from it? I don't!

No.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!