• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Would You Like to Train Via Skype?

Once I get my rent situation straightened out (they billed me for two months instead of one) I'll have a little extra money I'm thinking of putting toward a webcam for this project. I think it would be a really cool idea!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, this is interesting :)

Strike first. 'Til then i will not fight you.

Everytime someone calls JKD a style, Bruce turns over.

Why do I love Bruce Lee? Not because he was an awesome martial artist- but because his train of thought overlapped with mine even before I knew about him.

Thank you karate forums, for introducing me to Bruce Lee

are you willing to teach a someone trained in a different martial art?? :)

Hey rchave17, welcome to the forums.

I do TKD too and would be willing to get some training in with you if you like.

I also quote sensei8 and Jeffery in response to my query about TKD guys getting in on this :D:

Nice idea! Well I'm definitely up for that. If anyone wants my ID, I'll PM you it. :D

Skype ID is enough Bob, only have to fill that bit in to add the contact (or we'll add you) and they'll be sent a request to be Skype friends :)

edit: although on second thoughts, I might be a bit limited in what I can add to the mix because I don't know any Japanese Katas and ITF TKD is a little weird :P

But would sure give us a new way to look at things. A little TKD can go a long way.

And Danielle, martial artists, no matter the style and no matter the background, will still find a lot to talk about. So, please come aboard.

So yeah, you're more than welcome :)

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

So who do I pm with my skype id? How does the whole training thing work???

You could put your Skype ID in this thread. As far as your second question is concerned, I'm still learning how it works myself. Some KF members know much more about this than I do....like Patrick, for one.

I'd suggest that once you're ready...contact one of your Skype contacts and just....talk. Talking always breaks the ice. Then, go from there.

Welcome!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 10 months later...

Realizing that this was posted quite some time ago, has anyone been doing anything with it since? Are there any thoughts on what is needed? Any not-immediately-obvious issues with camera coverage, microphones, speakers, and suchlike? In a few days, i'm moving to a new apartment, which includes a secluded stone pad out front big enough to train on.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

Realizing that this was posted quite some time ago, has anyone been doing anything with it since? Are there any thoughts on what is needed? Any not-immediately-obvious issues with camera coverage, microphones, speakers, and suchlike? In a few days, i'm moving to a new apartment, which includes a secluded stone pad out front big enough to train on.

I don't know if anyone has done this, but I actually just recently purchased a webcam and installed Skype, so I can participate! I'm currently recovering from surgery, so I can't do a whole lot, but I do have time after work when I can work with people over Skype. Should we put together a list of Skype names so people can add others?

ETA: I just remembered the Google+ has the Google Hangout feature so several of us can video chat at the same time, since apparently Skype charges for that feature.

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

I use Skype quite a lot between the Hombu and myself; it's an invaluable tool.

I use Skype to talk to friends and family from time to time, but I've not talked with anyone here at KF with any regularity. :( :(

I do like the Google+ idea, and I'll probably get that asap.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!