• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Tae Kwon Queston

Pure TKD is not sport. That is an aberration brought on by trying to get it into the olympics. Even in a sport karate school like the one I got my dan at they tought finger pokes and throat strikes which could be used for self defense. Now I am at an even more traditional tkd school which mixes in hapkido/ho shin sool. If you look at Gen. Choi's 1965 book Taekwon-Do you will find in the back hoshinsool techniques. Defenses to wrist grabs, bear hugs, knife attacks and so on. They don't involve wrist locks or any thing of that sort basically just common sense and striking but it is still effective SD.

Long Live the Fighters!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Karate kid that is horable. Asi have said befor i train with a gm in tsd any time i have ever tolde him i need help he was right there.He neve sent a senyor betl you asked him for help you got him.IN the tkd schools in my area I never see theam do any self defince or ground woork. Whic blows my mined since tkd is suposed too be hevily influcend by tsd

Wow! This thread is like 2 years old. Thanks for answering, but since I posted that, I went to another school (TKD), then came back to this one. I found that there's nothing wrong with TKD. There was something wrong with me. I was close-minded back then. I do miss TSD at times, but my instructor is very well respected here in this area.

Laurie F