• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

People Who Stand Out to You

Patrick

Hey all,

When you think of KarateForums.com, who stands out to you as someone who makes the site more enjoyable for you? It doesn't have to be one person, it can be many. You can never name everyone, but that doesn't mean you can't praise some of them! :)

Thanks,

Patrick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

There are a ton of good people here, and all of them have a great background and unique point of view. For me, one of the members who stands out the most is bushido man 96. I think it might have even been for one of his threads that I initially registered so I could post.

He and I have similar mindsets and different enough backgrounds that we can look at similar questions from different angles. That, and similar occupations, make it very enjoyable being on the site with him. He also had the foresight to start the Training Log thread. I've got to see alot of different regimes due to this thread and it's been good to keep me accountable as well.

I also enjoy seeing that MMA Jim has posted. Again, we are similar enough to want the same things, and different enough that we can still hold a lively debate over particulars.

I also enjoy sensei8 and Montana, two more traditional guys whose viewpoints are often from a different point of view altogether. This again makes for good debate.

On a more recent front, I'm thrilled to have Groinstrike and Master Pain around. I come out of the same school as these guys originally. Since I don't live close enough to hang out with them anymore, having them here is a great way to keep in touch and see what each other are doing training wise. It's also fun to see Master Pain's humor more frequently than my infrequent visits home :) .

In short, there are alot of great people here. Thanks to all of them for the insights they share. And thanks to those I listed above for making it fun to be here as well as just a learning experience.

Thanks for sharing that, Alex! Very well said! That is cool about you, Groinstrike and MasterPain! :)

Patrick

Thanks for the kind words, tallgeese. I've felt the same about you being here. I've always enjoyed seeing the way you approach matters, and although our backgrounds are different, knowing the difference between how the styles I've studied approach things are and listening to the way you've approached things has always held my interest, and has challenged me to step outside of my traditional box and try new things.

I also enjoy ps1's postings. His posts are always filled with good information, and his experiences from his different styles and the way he contrasts them in a no-nonsense way are always refreshing.

Joesteph and sensei8 are two posters that I met in a different forum, but have always posed good information from the time I've met them. We are kind of like "the three amigos" from our time at the other forum, and I think its great that we are all able to post our stuff here at KF.

I also enjoy Danielle's information because we study a similar style taught in pretty different ways, and I've learned a lot from her. tonydee also had great info on Korean styles from a different perspective that were always great reads.

From years back, Sohan provided some good information, and Shotokan-kez was a great example of what the spirit of KF is.

There are so many others I know I am leaving out, and please don't be offended or feel slighted because I have not mentioned you. I'm sure I'll end up adding to this list after I hit submit. The fact of the matter is, though, that there have been and are currently so many great contributors here that its impossible to list them all.