• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What Would You Like to Know About Me or KarateForums.com?

No worries, Jay. :) Thanks for asking. I appreciate the interest.

I find myself with so little spare time these days just because my work (which includes KarateForums.com :)) is consuming me. Beyond running my network of sites, I also host a couple of podcasts, wrote a book and speak at conferences and events around the country on the topics of online community and social media and how to get the most out of them for yourself and your business.

If I am not doing that, there is a fair chance I am doing something with my family - often watching a TV show, playing a game (or a video game) with one of my brothers.

Beyond that, my personal interests... I love music (huge Diddy and Bad Boy Records fan) and that is a passion for me. I collect music and memorabilia tied to Diddy and Bad Boy. I'm a sports fan (Yankees and Dolphins) and like to mess around with sports when I can (usually golf these days) and also love investing, when I have the money to do it. I've been watching the stock market since I was 10 and have held stock since I was 11.

Let me also tackle the questions Bob asked that we didn't get to on the show

Did you use Banner ads in the beginning?

I am not sure. I don't think so... but, maybe we did. If not, we did early on.

How many times have you, if at all, had to upgrade to a larger server?

We have moved servers a few times, but never out of emergency. We have a web hosting partner - 100 Megs Web Hosting/iFroggy Hosting, that we have worked with for many, many years.

What new changes are you and your staff working on to improve KF for it's members in the very near future?

I have a lot of ideas, but it's mainly finding the time to execute them. :) Running the network is a one man operation and it can be tough to balance that with everything else.

Concerning your Network, which is intense in size, was KF first?

KarateForums.com is the second longest running site in the network, following phpBBHacks.com. It was ... probably the 3rd, 4th or 5th site I launched with it's own domain name.

Thanks again!

Patrick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Patrick,

Thank you for answering my questions! Btw, yesterdays Livestream and live chat was AWESOME!! Thanks for asking me to be one of your guests, it was a true honor.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

My pleasure. :) Thanks Bob, for joining in and for the kind words, much appreciated.

Patrick