• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

After training buzz

I still have a real buzz after training, I remember after the first couple of months I would show the wife all the new things that i'd learnt that night and try to remember the combinations and Kata. I would go over them in my head for the next few days and find it difficult to concentrate on work the next day.

Tonight I have been gradually showing my son Bassai Dai so he can prepare for the next lesson when he will start to learn it properly (he's just graded 3rd Kyu), now after food and a bath i'm going to watch Sensei Brennan's DVD and then sit down with Master Funakoshi's book Karate-Do Kyohan....

I'm sure i'm not the only one! If only my job could capture my interest as much as Karate..... :wink:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm that way at times, too. My problem is I get to reading too many books at a time, and loose track. But, its still great info. I'm better about keeping focused on the task at hand now than I was a long time ago, but that comes with time.

There have been nights I've gotten home and couldn't sleep so I practice some more. There is always somehting to improve on and that after work out buzz can last a while.

I have a ton of books and like Brian I tend to read 3 or 4 at a time. I have reading A.D.D. !

It's great to have a son to share your training with. My daughter is the one I train with all the time. Depending on the age of your son a great book is the Karate Mouse book by Stilton. Tons of fun info for kids.

I really don't think that I have anything else on my mind 24 hours a day-I even dream martial arts!

8)

Do you win? :)

My son is 12 and my daughter 13, although we are all Brown belts they don't put in as much effort as I would like, they have tons of other stuff going on and lots of school work so its difficult to squeeze in any extra Karate.

I feel if they put more in then they would get more out but I can't push them.

• 4 weeks later...

I know what you mean. Last night I was not really up for going rough day at work, stuff to do at home, but when I got there and I started training it was the best training I've ever done. With each punch, kick and block I could feel myself improving. I got such as buzz off it!

• 1 month later...