• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How Did You Find KarateForums.com? Why Did You Sign Up?

Patrick

After Planet Jubei closed down I needed another outlet to vent my ramblings! :D

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In addition to my original post here...

I joined KF because I needed a credible outlet that was OUTSIDE of the Shindokan circle. I can talk/discuss a many things with my fellow Shindokanists anytime that I desire, but I need and want the stimulation that's unbridled across the board from other MAists from other MA/Styles; a stimulating verbal exchange, if you will!!

Shindokan is a way, but it's not the only way!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the random internet search group. I lurked for quite some time reading and was pretty impressed with the level of dialogue. I then signed on to just comment on a thread and here we are :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Patrick - I lurked around - many of the Forums - especially the Kung - Fu Forums the admin's keep the Mud Slugging going and after 50 or so posts the admin's final step in. On this forum I noticed even if individuals disagree - you never let it get out of hand. You step right in and shut it down - I even met an old friend on this forum. Keep up the good work and thanks.

Thank you for sharing that, lowereastside. I appreciate the kind words.

Patrick

• 2 weeks later...

I was on a different forum that was Matsubayashi-Ryu / Shorin-ryu specific for a while, but it lost funding or something and was shut down. I searched and lurked for several months on a handful of forums, including KF, before I registered and started posting here; I needed to ensure this place was troll-free... Similar to what blacknebula said:

I lurked around for about a month before I decided it was sufficiently troll free to actually register and start posting.

I mean, who needs trolls yelling at you with "WOW. JUST WOW" or "DIE IN A FIRE" or some similar rotgut just because you want to have a civilized discussion and happen to disagree with them on something? :-? (For some reason, to be a troll, you must use ALL CAPS when yelling PHRASES LIKE THAT...lol :lol: )

Remember the Tii!

In Life and Death, there is no tap-out...