• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Camarillo Tournament

yudansha

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

That's actually hosted by the school I went to until I moved away from Camarillo. I wont be able to make it, but good luck...My dad actually did the registration for that for 10 years.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I didn't see this post until after, but we were there. We had a booth there as we do every year.

It's hosted by Camarillo Shotokan but is open to other styles. I think most of the competitors were Shotokan, but there are always other Japanese/Okinawan styes represented. Every once in a while, you even get a non-Japanese style competitor. This year, I think I saw a couple Sasaki Kenpo kids. It's tough, though, if you're not used to traditional Japanese style tournament rules. Most competitors were pretty local but some traveled a bit.

The event went well. Everyone I talked to had a good time. The atmosphere was relaxed. It all seemed to run pretty smoothly. The cool weather was nice. A little drizzle was annoying, but not too bad. Attendance was up. I don't know what the final count was, but I'd guess 250 to 300 competitors.

I see it as basically a nice local event.

John - ASE Martial Arts Supply

https://www.asemartialarts.com