• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Style: Budokan Karate

Rank: 7th kyu (I started at 9th is that normal? ive heard that some schools start at 8th)

Train 4 times a week. i would go more often but im in my final year of school. Finish in 3 months woooo more training :D

"Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result." - Tien T'ai

This have probably been discussed a hundred times on here already but the problem with using a 'black belt' as a standard to teach is that there is no universal standard to earn a black belt.

A white belt could potentially make a black belt look like a beginner.

Grades obviously have their place but many people concern themselves far too much about them.

I train and teach various martial arts about 3 times a week for about 2 hours each session kind of doing my own thing and dipping my toes in and out at various places. I also do some running, walking and cycling for general fitness.

This is so true. It takes a long time to get a black belt in our system (5-7years) and you need to be invited to test. Most deshi green belt and above in our school are already pretty skilled. Probably the same in most of your dojos as well.

I train in a formal class twice a week. I also train on my own, as well as training with sandbags, weights, etc two days a week. So typically I am doing something 5-6 days per week.

Matsubayashi Ryu

CMMACC (Certified Mixed Martial Arts Conditioning Coach)

Rank: 7th kyu (I started at 9th is that normal? ive heard that some schools start at 8th)

This isn't uncommon, as I understand it. I've seen both, and I think either is acceptable. Most TKD styles start at 9th gup/kyu.

This isn't uncommon, as I understand it. I've seen both, and I think either is acceptable. Most TKD styles start at 9th gup/kyu.

Many also start at 10th kyu...Shindokan does.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I train in karate grounded in Kenpo.

I am a yellow belt.

I have 2 for sure classes a week, though I try to make the 3rd when I am not working. I also train a little every day though usually, I just spend an additional day training moreso.

Celeste

"The more you sweat in training, the less you will bleed in battle." - Motto of the Navy Seals

Will take it slow. 2 times per week, since I come from a long hiatus. Then more, if my schedule allows it. right now there's a lot on my plate, so karate is no longer a priority

Life has to come first. I hope verything is okay for you.

Celeste

"The more you sweat in training, the less you will bleed in battle." - Motto of the Navy Seals