• advertisement_alt

How many days a week do you train?

albeaver89

How many daysa week do you train?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. How many daysa week do you train?

Seido Juku Karate

9th Kyu (White advanced tip)

3 classes a week, although if you count home training I pretty much train everyday

"Before enlightenment, carry water, chop wood. After enlightenment, carry water, chop wood" - Chinese proverb

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the moment I am not attending a club but I am hoping to try one of the two local Shotokan clubs when health allows.

I have a 1st dan in Wado Ryu and I have trained in Shotokan to about 5th kyu recently but I do about half an hour of Heian Kata practice (slowly learning the Shotokan versions over the Wado ones I know too well) five times a week.

What style do you train in? I don't even know anymore, i thought it was Karate-do, but we are doing more jujitsu it seems...all of it is fun though so i don't care what i'm learning. Some Katas, some weapons training, ground works, lots of everything.

What rank are you? White Belt (noob , 3rd month)

How many day and times a day do you train? 3 - Mon/Thu/Sat, i never miss a class and if it was up to me, it would be every day, I love it. but the wife won't have it, lol.

If I asked you..."What do you drive?" And you replied "A car."..that's the same as you're learning "karate-do". Karate-do is a generic term for Japanese/Okinawan martial arts.

Do you know what system of "karate-do" you're learning? (IE: Chevy, Ford, etc)

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

No matter the "hat" that I'm wearing...I've always trained quite a lot. Not because I have to, but because I want to...

*When I ran my own dojo's: 6 days a week from 10am - 10pm.

*When I became Kaicho/Chief Instructor of our Hombu: 6 days a week from 5am - 11pm.

*When I briefly retired from our Hombu: 6 days a week, three times a day, NO SUNDAYS [Wife rule, not mine]. Morning: 5am - 7am, Afternoons: 11am - 2pm, Evenings before dinner: 5pm - 6pm

*When I was re-elected Kaicho: When I was a home, I'd train 5 days a week from 12pm - 5pm. When I'm at the Hombu: 6 days a week from 5am - 11pm

I suppose I'm cheating here. Why? There are a massive amount of times that I'm in a teaching mode. It's in between those classes I find the time to train, but for the most, I'm teaching. Still, I would train 5-6 days a week.

:)

Edited by sensei8

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Style: Traditional Shotokan Karate

How many day and times a day: 5 days a week

Mon. Wed. Fri:

- 90min training with my big sensei

Tue. Thur.

- 1 hour morning training with sensei (If I have work off)

- 2 to 4 hours training with the various kids' classes

I also train kata and precision kihon drills by myself often, though I don't have a set schedule for that (whenever I have free time), so I didn't count it for these poll purposes.

...Although, this week will have me training every day it seems. We have a visiting instructor from JKA headquarters staying for a camp this weekend and I believe I am to drive him around and attempt casual conversation with my terrible Japanese @_@. Well, here goes nothing!

"My work itself is my best signature."

-Kawai Kanjiro

Style: Goju-ryu/Matayoshi kobudo

Hours train: 2 hour classes, three times/week

Not including physical therapy, swimming, strength training additional karate/kobudo varies - teaching 3-6 hours/week.

Leaves fall.

Style: Higashi Karate (wado)

Grade: Purple belt

Twice a week for an hour and a half.

Would love to do more but our instructors live a busy life & there isn't another higashi club for about 50+ miles.

I do the occasional trainign sesh with sensei Pete Spanton a few times a year though.

Brown belt - 3rd kyu in Higashi Karate Kai.

You can't win the race until you've joined the race

Style: I train in Isshinryu as well. I have a question for you. Does your training follow Master Uezu? And if so are you a member of the OIKKA?

Training: I train mostly 3 days a week (Mon, Wens, Thrus) because those are available. I've been doing this since I was 6 and I am now 16, so if you can do math you'll notice I have been training for 10 years. :wink: