• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What style do you train in? Shorin Ryu Matsumura Kenpo/Orthodox

What rank are you? Yondan (4th Dan)

How many day and times a day do you train? Since my back injury forced me to quit teaching, I train a couple of days/week at the local YMCA and run thru my karate kata and basics a couple of times/week....carefully!

[/b]

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

What style: My background arts are two kempo based systems, Bujin and Gokei Ryu. Currently, most of my effort is going towards BJJ.

Rank: I hold black belt ranks in the first two. A blue belt in BJJ.

Training per week: I voted on the 4 option. Usually two group classes per week at my BJJ school, another day with a BJJ bb friend of mine working one on one, and another open mat day where several of us from different schools will get together and work out. This is where I'll still work standup skills or mma occasionally. If my weekends are free of work related duties, I'll get a 5th day in on Sat with open mat at my BJJ academy, but that's not a regular enough occurrence to push the vote up.

What style do you train in? Traditional Shotokan

What rank are you? 6th Kyu (Green Belt)

How many day and times a day do you train? 4 days a week, 2 times a day.

i've recently gone back after having lots of migraines and some other issues at the dojo...all is resolved. i could be a 5th kyu but because of the duration of time i was absent i didn't grade, will in august though along with the club comp.

~Rhi

Style: Omega MA

Days: I teach 5 days a week at my own location, and train once a week at my instructors. Plus I train one Saturday a month. Does that count as 5 or 1?

PS. I may only be a 1st dan, but I have 10 years teaching MA, so I'm not a newly minted 2 year 1st dan teaching at my own location. In case anyone was wondering... :)

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

Style: Taekwon-Do (ITF)

Days: Bit mixed up to be honest. Don't really have any school to train at when I'm away at uni so its really just whatever I can manage on my own. I do come back home every fortnight and train pretty much the whole weekend. Do the Friday class (if my train gets in on time), several of the classes on Sat and a 3hr squad training session on Sun. But when its the holidays I try to fit in as much as possible which is usually minimum 4 days a week (so I answered the poll with 4).

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

What style do youtrain in what rank are you and how many day and times a day do you train.

Isshin Ryu

3rd kyu brown belt

Average of 3 classes a day mon-thursday saterday and sunday 1 class

Hakua-Kai

Shodan

3x classes & 2 self practices/ week

What style do you train in? I don't even know anymore, i thought it was Karate-do, but we are doing more jujitsu it seems...all of it is fun though so i don't care what i'm learning. Some Katas, some weapons training, ground works, lots of everything.

What rank are you? White Belt (noob , 3rd month)

How many day and times a day do you train? 3 - Mon/Thu/Sat, i never miss a class and if it was up to me, it would be every day, I love it. but the wife won't have it, lol.