• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Testing in October

There's an event in October near here. The master in my lineage nearest me, whom my previous teacher has asked to take me as his student, has asked that I be ready to test for my next cord at that time.

I'm out of condition, haven't had people to practice with, haven't had a space to train in in quite some time, will not be able to get to his class regularly, was below par on songs in any case, have had no-one to speak Portuguese with in years, and am recovering from an injured ankle.

Don't let me slack off.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I like to use Nike Boom when I am in close quarters to a dead line. You can post it to a forum, or a social net work, and when ever the thread or status gets replies, comments or 'likes' you get a motivational message through your head phones.

I find myself dabbling into a lot of different martial arts styles, some I've been awarded rank in, but I don't feel as if I deserve them.

Good Luck my friend, I too am grading in October so I feel your anguish

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

Good luck Justice :D Sure you'll be awesome.

I've always wondered, what do you have to do for a Capoeira grading? I assume the roda itself plays a large part, but do you have to do stuff akin to Japanese/Korean style gradings in that you show off your basics, get asked theory etc. ?

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius