• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

When did you join KarateForums.com?

Patrick

WOW! Jan. 9 2003! That was a long time ago. :)

Heh, on my birthday! :D

I joined on March 31, 2006. I was at home searching for an MA chat room when KF popped up.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thanks for sharing, everyone. :) Whether you joined when we launched or just a few days ago... it's fun to look back and consider the moment. :)

For those curious about James joining on May 6, if you look at the memberlist, you will notice that 4 people joined before we launched on May 21. That is me (May 1), jamesdasher (May 6), Lars (May 19) and jer (may 20).

May 1 was when I initially set up the software that would power the forums. James is a friend of mine who helped motivate me to start the site and also was the first member of staff on the community. Lars was the person who designed our belt ranks. Finally, jer is Jeremy Wright, a friend of mine. :)

Patrick

May 2nd 2005. While I can remember a time when I was not a member of KarateForums, it does seem like quite a long time ago.

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

• 2 weeks later...

2003? Can't be that long...that means I'm a white belt going on 8 years. I need to post a lot more and read a lot less I guess. ;)

Haha. :) It's all a matter of preference. Some may visit sporadically, just when they need something and others just read a lot. :) Time does fly!

Patrick