• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

a 5 year old WHAT!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Now now.... I was pregnant when I was training.

I see what you are saying Bretty ... maybe in the future they will slap on a black belt as the baby is being delivered (as long as the mom was able to pass her test)

So is that considered a two for one? :-?

This is just sad. I just read the Black Belt test requirements on the KSD link KickChick posted. All it involves is 30 min. of hitting pads or mitts and then board breaking. Oh and btw, they have no other belts in their system only black. What a load of BS.....

Adults should no better, I feel sorry for the kids.

"Do not assume I share your prejudices"

Oh there is a belt program .... The time required between each colored belt are:from white to yellow: 1 month ...and from yellow to black belt: 2 months minimum.

"The potential for a child who join us at the age of 3. By the age of 5 reach Black Belt, age 6 reach 1st. Degree, age 10 reach 2nd. Degree, age 18 reach 3rd. Degree, age 22 reach 4th Degree and finally at age 27 reaches 5th Degree - Master Level"

"Adults Waiting Period Requirements: Black - 6 months to 1st. Degree - 2 years to 2nd Degree - 3 years to 3rd. Degree - 4 years to 4th Degree - 5 years to 5th Degree - Master Level.

For a person from the age of 18 onwards, it would take 16.5 years from beginner to Master Level"

Heck send your comments to their email listed on site.... I have giving it my :down:

[color=indigo]"For Koo Self Defense students, the emphasis is not on the belt per se but more on the content of the workouts and the achievements from it. As part of Koo Self Defense continuous evolution, all colored belt tests were eliminated in 1996 except for the black belt test which was designed to be the most objective, demanding and toughest test in the world! You are probably wondering would the standard of the KSD students deteriorate because of no colored belt testing? On the contrary, the students at Koo Self Defense are much more fitter and more powerful that when colored belt tests were conducted. This has been proven with time that our students are more fitter and more powerful than black belts from other martial arts styles."

"3. Why it is ineffective to Block

The development of blocking in martial arts was designed because the students are train using attacking techniques that come to a full stop with locked out arms or legs. If any martial artist attempted to block a series of hooks and uppercuts that were delivered with maximum power, and follow through, it would be impossible. If it were, don't you think the boxers, who fight for millions of dollars would be doing it.

The only choice they have is to concentrate on mobility, ducking and weaving, side stepping and shielding their body with their arms. This is how we train our students in Koo Self Defense. We have completely eliminated all types of blocking in training except against weapons. "

:lol: Why I am glad I train at my school......:lol:[/color]

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

Yeah, I've seen a lot of commercials for this place lately. This doesn't surprise me, given that the only adults in the commercial were holding the targets.

On the other hand, I still give the kid a good pat on the back for all the interest and practicing. Hopfully when he gets a little older he'll apply that enthusiasm into a better school.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

[color=indigo]http://www.choikwangdo.org.uk/ActionShots/Gobbley/promotion.htm

It's "The Youngest Choi Kwang Do black belt in the world" - he looks about 4 to me!

http://www.nctimes.net/news/100900/mm.html - a 5 year old tae kwon do black belt!

[/color]

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

Once in a while a child prodigy like Mozart comes along and is worthy.

The other 99.9% who get blackbelts don't even remotely deserve them.

I still think that if it only takes two years to attain a black belt then the test is way too easy.

"Yes sir, one black belt hot off the grill...would you like fries with that?"

:kaioken:

Ti-Kwon-Leap

"Annoying the ignorant since 1961"